Eddie Nketiah (14)

Apparently Bielsa has form for this. He doesn’t like just throwing players in, he likes to use them as a sub and then gradually start them more. That’s all well and good when it’s your own youth player or a new signing, but you don’t have that sort of time when it’s a loan.

Also, Patrick Bamford is fucking shit. And – I am obviously speculating here – but I reckon starting Eddie in a few of those games, or at least bringing him on earlier, would have resulted in Leeds being top now by a few points. Bamford has missed so many sitters, it’s actually ridiculous that he continues to start games as often as he does.

9 Likes

Yeah Bamford looked fucking horrendous against us

Bamford is poor man’s Giroud.

Bielsa knows :sunglasses:

If he can learn to improve his composure in key moments he could be a real hand full. Having said that, think he’ll have to do well in training to justify another start this coming week.

Hopefully he’s one for the future but guess we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

Very reliable player and deserves his chance with us.

May not have a high ceiling or ability to win things on his own but he is a very useful player to have.

2 Likes

Thought he played well today, loved the running to the corner bit at the end, need more of the players to do that. He could be one of those strikers that comes good as the years go on.

1 Like

He’s got good movement and that’s how he got his goal.

Very well done Eddie.

2 Likes

Very small sample size but Nketiah seems to have the potential to become a very solid back up, at least. Making it a pretty easy decision when it comes to Lacazette.

4 Likes

Great movement great finish and just been off a couple more times could be sitting on 3 goals in his past couple matches. Definitely replaced Laca in the packing order.

I like what he’s showing so far, but still I would LOVE to see Gabiloazo leading the line in this set up, I believe he has more to offer than Eddie up front.
Seeing what he does up front magine what could Martinelli do considering he has Eddie’s qualities in terms of movement and pace, but offers much more on the ball and other areas too.

With the entire five minutes of the added time to go it was a terrible idea and he fucked it up. I was actually raging at him for that.

Other than that, no complaints. He’s a decent player and definitely dangerous.

1 Like

If we ever needed the emergence of quality young squad options in attack it was now and he’s stepped up alongside Martinelli and Saka. We can get a few very handy seasons out of Eddie if he keeps fit.

1 Like

Showed a striker’s instinct for the goal and took it extremely well. Was unlucky not to have a second. Did the defensive side of his job well too. If he has to do well, we need quality crosses into the box, like the one from Saka yesterday. Don’t think he is physically strong enough yet to fend of defenders and score and so has to rely on his pace and instinct to get into goal scoring positions.

The good thing is, I can see Arteta giving him opportunities from now to the end of the season, no matter how he does, and there is not a lot more a young player can ask for.

1 Like

Should have held it longer, but it was the right idea to be fair. We have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think he be a good back up for the next few years and hopefully he come good to become a first teamers.

1 Like

I’ve no problem with the concept. It used to bug the shit out of me that it was something we virtually never did but I do wonder if it’s even something he had ever tried before because it was a truly pathetic attempt.

2 Likes

Starting to add to his game. Managed to prevent frequent turnovers yesterday and kept the ball well.

1 Like

Definitely feels like Arteta or someone told him to do it when he got the ball, and it’s not something he’s used to doing especially at Arsenal.

Love this kid. Glad to see him on the scoresheet and hopefully we see more of him and less of Lacazette

5 Likes

Eddie :heart_eyes: before people hate on the fluke: you can’t score flukes if you don’t go for them :xhaka2:

3 Likes