Eddie Nketiah (14)

Arteta and Edu have done better business in the market in the last 18-24 months than Wenger did in his last 3 years for sure.

Instead is signing wasters like Mustafi, Xhaka and Lacazette we’ve filled the squad up with some good high quality signings.

No excuses for Arteta next season but no doubt the squad will be left in a much healthier position than your messiah left it in.

5 Likes

Its far too simplistic to say that. Go look at the Mustafi and Laca threads when they signed on. Ppl were under the impression that we’d signed top players, their potential went unfulfilled tho. Wenger had Laca playing pretty good tho, contributing Gabriel Jesus numbers goal contribution wise.

So time will tell if these doods end up being worth the money. It’s easy to say that our windows have been so much better when ur experiencing the euphoria of signing new players. We’ve got what amounts to a fully rebuilt back line and we only conceded 3 less goals than Wenger’s last season, one spot better in the table, and wut 5 points better? (Mainly down to Arteta being kind of a pussy and parking the bus when 1 nil up, which makes for terrible football and I’d still take the Wenger aesthetic every day of the week) so Idk bruh :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

I knew Mustafi was shit mate

Yes you did call that one from the get go personally.

I think @BigWeng_4LYFE is just pointing out what the general noise was from Arsenal fans.

1 Like

And I knew Laca was shit a month into watching him. So wuts ur point? We’ve made one signing so far and the doods never played a minute in the PL so how can u be sure that these signings are so amazing? Do you think White, Gabriel, and Ramsdale have improved since they came here? Again we conceded 3 less than in Arsene Mugabes worst season ever…

Again ppl swear that the club was left in a mess yet the next season they hit 70 points with a mediocre manager and the club went out and spent 50m on Partey and 80m on Pepe without batting an eyelash. Roster was just fine the way Arsene left it to contend for top 4. It needed a couple upgrades and a top manager to get more out of that team than what we got…

2 Likes

Btw lolol

Oh he even conned him by December of the first season.

Hopefully we don’t experience something similar with Ramsdale.

1 Like

All of our defenders look pretty good but like i said earlier isnt it a red flag that we conceded more goals than last year with these new hot young signings?

So I’m not allowed to feel like he did well after the initial good start lmao?

I told you he was shit before we signed him and the. He had a good start and then I said he’s proved me wrong in certain regards

It’s not wrong to change your mind and admit you might be wrong sometimes you’d do well to remember that sometimes lol

And then ultimately he ended up being shitter than even I imagined lol.

1 Like

Big daddy Weng was filling out squad up with shit like Perez, Mustafi, Xhaka, Laca it was such bad squad building.

Whoever comes after Arteta will inherit an infinitely healthier squad and that’s the benefit of being run by a competent set of people and not a stubborn dinosaur resistant to change and modernity.

3 Likes

Thanks for reminding me about that disaster. :santi:

You should try harder at comprehending wut ur reading. In hindisght yes bad squad building. You, I, the rest of OA were all well chuffed with the Laca/Xhaka signings without the benefit of hindsight. Just the very same as how everyone is chuffed at the way our current window is shaping up. What matters is how these players adapt to the PL, to the club, to the city, to our manager, once they’ve arrived. That’s what decides on if its a good window or not, or if the roster will be in good shape going forward.

3 Likes

No hindsight here. In the last 8, idk maybe 10 years of White Mugabe reign… We absolutely had nothing that would remotely resemble some kind of transfer policy, strategy.

Wenger basically played some kind of gambling game (even he mentioned “gambling” on the marked quite a few times) on the marked, was waaaaay to reactive and was waiting for opportunities to open (like with Ozil or Sanchez)… You can’t BASE your transfer strategy on opportunities like that, that’s the main issue.
You could never see us actively pushing for the right profile of players wee needed, addressing vulnerable areas in the squad, getting the right profile of players (age vise, quality vise etc). Our dealing with transfers was an absolute mess and anarchy.

What we have in the recent years is absolutely light years ahead of what we had to endure under the White Mugabe.

7 Likes

Yeah, as big a fan I was(and still am) of Arsene, his decline from an active to a passive approach in the transfer market was a bit sad to see. The guy who managed to pull Sol from spurs, bring in guys like Henry, Pires, Vieira, Freddie, Gilberto, all of whom were needed at the time to improve the team, turned into someone in his later years who’d wait for opportunities to open. Smh.

1 Like

The #14 shirt? Seriously? Really? :facepalm:

Nketiah 14, ESR 10. Two players who are not even regular starters.

Maybe Nketiah initially wanted #9 but was told it’s reserved for Gabriel Jezus

Why wouldn’t he have 14. That’s the kind of number you give your second choice striker.

Only the players themselves and kids give a fuck about squad numbers.

1 Like

Squad numbers don’t matter at all

5 Likes