Eddie Nketiah (14)

Thanks for reminding me about that disaster. :santi:

You should try harder at comprehending wut ur reading. In hindisght yes bad squad building. You, I, the rest of OA were all well chuffed with the Laca/Xhaka signings without the benefit of hindsight. Just the very same as how everyone is chuffed at the way our current window is shaping up. What matters is how these players adapt to the PL, to the club, to the city, to our manager, once they’ve arrived. That’s what decides on if its a good window or not, or if the roster will be in good shape going forward.

3 Likes

No hindsight here. In the last 8, idk maybe 10 years of White Mugabe reign… We absolutely had nothing that would remotely resemble some kind of transfer policy, strategy.

Wenger basically played some kind of gambling game (even he mentioned “gambling” on the marked quite a few times) on the marked, was waaaaay to reactive and was waiting for opportunities to open (like with Ozil or Sanchez)… You can’t BASE your transfer strategy on opportunities like that, that’s the main issue.
You could never see us actively pushing for the right profile of players wee needed, addressing vulnerable areas in the squad, getting the right profile of players (age vise, quality vise etc). Our dealing with transfers was an absolute mess and anarchy.

What we have in the recent years is absolutely light years ahead of what we had to endure under the White Mugabe.

7 Likes

Yeah, as big a fan I was(and still am) of Arsene, his decline from an active to a passive approach in the transfer market was a bit sad to see. The guy who managed to pull Sol from spurs, bring in guys like Henry, Pires, Vieira, Freddie, Gilberto, all of whom were needed at the time to improve the team, turned into someone in his later years who’d wait for opportunities to open. Smh.

1 Like

The #14 shirt? Seriously? Really? :facepalm:

Nketiah 14, ESR 10. Two players who are not even regular starters.

Maybe Nketiah initially wanted #9 but was told it’s reserved for Gabriel Jezus

Why wouldn’t he have 14. That’s the kind of number you give your second choice striker.

Only the players themselves and kids give a fuck about squad numbers.

1 Like

Squad numbers don’t matter at all

5 Likes

Why does the number 14 matter?

All I’m getting from him wanting no.14 is that he has the ambition and hunger to be a top striker for us.

You telling me 7 for United isn’t cursed for players other than CR7?

It’s associated with such Arsenal greats as Perry Groves, Eddie McGoldrick and Paul Davis who Nketiah is an arrogant cunt for even aspiring to be at the same level as.

1 Like

My god the irony here is palpable

3 Likes

Manager Mikel Arteta, said: “I’m delighted Eddie is staying with us. He represents what we are all about and all the values of the club. We are very happy that he has extended his contract and now we have to get to work and continue to develop the great talent and person that we have in him.”

Technical Director Edu, added: “The foundations of this squad are built on young talent and in particular those who have come through our Academy system. Eddie was released by another club as a young man but has always shown he has the attitude as well as the ability to become a top player. The fact he’s signed a new contract is an important part of our squad planning for next season and we’re all delighted.”

1 Like

“Just getting started…” :eyes:

4 Likes

Fucking better be just getting started lol

1 Like

So pleased to have Mr. Four in Fifteen tied down to a long term deal. What a coup.

3 Likes

Are you expecting Lewandowski to be backup to Jesus or?