Dominic Calvert-Lewin

My mother-in-law used to knit pullies like that.

2 Likes

BREAKING : Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has sustained an injury during training at the clubs training ground, Finch Farm.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Finch Farm :sweat_smile: I like.

And people wanted to buy this waffer

2 Likes

Horrible fashion sense and can’t dress for shiiii

I mean come on anyone can get injured in training.

Rather the guy that dresses normal, scores goals and doesn’t get injured in training

I do find it weird that people fixate on this with him and Bellerin. Like it has any bearing on their football careers.

4 Likes

Weird to fixate? Yes. Does it have any bearing on their footballing careers? Also yes I think

A player solely focused on training, performance analysis and other footballing matters is likely to do better, compared to one that has any outside interests.

Look at Bale, Rashford etc.
Irrelevant that the outside interest in this case is “fashion”, and the impact is certainly limited, but I do think it has a bearing.

Most footballers over 25 have families with young children, that’s far more of a “distraction” than being passionate about fashion or anything else.

2 Likes

Im sure all footballers aren’t just fixated on their jobs. So whether you have any other interests be it fast cars, computer games family or fashion it really doesn’t affect the day job.
Footballers all wear the same uniform for their work, so if they want to wear something different to what everyone dictates they should look like, so what?

1 Like

Just because people are affected by other things which might make more of an impact, or lots of people are affected by a particular issue, doesn’t mean that issue has no impact

1 Like

You just took what I said out of context, the fact of the matter is even if he dressed like clown and scores goals like Jesus then more power to him; the fact is he isn’t and people pick up on that.

Having a family isn’t a distraction, it makes you want to fail less because other people depend on you to succeed, so comparing fashion to having a family is well off the mark.

Fashion has kept me up at night for several years. I just can’t stop thinking about it. It wants me to do shit for it all the time but I can’t ever say no to fashion.

1 Like

The repeated talk of his interest in fashion as a negative is odd to me , as if footballers should be a monolithic group devoid of any personality.

Sometimes people have arbitrary standards of others that they themselves would likely not adhere to if they were in the same position.

6 Likes

He has to be on the pitch for fashion to impact his football

1 Like

That schoolgirl stuff was creepy though. Hope he got that out of his system because that was just weird.

1 Like

Do you know a single player that this applies to? They’re people not robots!

1 Like

Yep wearing skinny jeans like everyone else makes you a good player, anything else distracts from the day job.

1 Like

I understand why people might get annoyed for no real reason at young people doing things they think are silly. People moan about TikTokers etc too.

I just don’t get the people that genuinely think players that don’t have interests instead are at home dedicating themselves to improving as a footballer like some kind of monk. We know loads of them just play a lot of playstation :ozil:

3 Likes