Dominic Calvert-Lewin

#AnnounceDCL

DCL for AFC IMO

1 Like

Heā€™d be a solid acquisition

4 Likes

Not really a fan tbh, would prefer Toney if weā€™re looking at a target man profile

4 Likes

People sleep on DCL, I think heā€™s better than people give him credit for.

7 Likes

Not bad, but I prefer Toney at this moment in time.

is he as good as wiki is currently having him?

8 Likes

Impressive number of games for the U21 NT.

Poor mans Troy Deeney.

Like the vast majority of our signings this summer lol.

This summer has shown we can trust them imo

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be pissed if we sign him but I do think Watkins and Toney have more in their game that will come useful at Arsenal.
DCL still has the edge age wise though and I do think a season under Rafa will be good for his development.

1 Like

Good buy, just need to change the coach. Honestly we have enough now to be pushing for a 4th place, a couple of solid editions for depth and variety and thereā€™s no reason why we canā€™t make our way back into the top 4 then kick on from there. Just need a new coach, otherwise all this talent will be wasted same way we wasted Auba in his prime.

1 Like

TBD

3 Likes

Waaay to early for that conclusion.

4 Likes

Exactly lmao, people need to just chill and see who we get, everyone wants to be a super scout.

Watkins, DCL are not the most exciting and exotic names on the list- I get that- but Iā€™d personally love to see how they could perform in our team. It would be exciting to see some newer, hungry strikers at the club.

I hope we get someone sorted in January.

2 Likes

Doubt it tbh

Ramsdale, White and Takehiro look to be smart signings and a solid core for our defence

Them we have Sambi as a very promising buy

People were saying shit like Ramsdale was one of the worst keepers in the league, I think itā€™s safe to say that he isnā€™t and those people didnā€™t have a clue.

People get way too ahead of themselves.

3 Likes

DCL is a limited striker at this point, if you look at the type of goals he scores itā€™s mostly tap ins and headers.

From what Iā€™ve seen of Toney Iā€™d have him over both Watkins and DCL, very impressive hold up play and all round game considering its his first season in the PL.

The way heā€™s adapted to every rung of the ladder in English footnall shows he may be an outlier.

2 Likes

Ramsdale has been the most impressive so far, the rest have been okay at best. Lokongaā€™s shown nothing.

Itā€™s too early to be that conclusive that it was a smart window.

2 Likes

:clown_face:

His clubs trophy drought looks older than he does

Tbh, I do think Everton will make it tough for us to buy Calvert-Lewin.
Long-term contract, young English international striker that has a solid goalscoring record the past years. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if they slap a Ā£80m price tag on him so we can stay away.

I think Toney could be the most affordable one but I have no doubt we will get rinsed regardless when we sign a striker. I think itā€™s gonna cost us over Ā£50m.

2 Likes