Dennis Bergkamp

4 Likes

People talk about Ozil but these passes from Bergkamp are truly on another level. One word Genius

8 Likes

Didn’t even watch the vid. Just know it’s worth the like.

3 Likes

That’s why Henry said that Bergkamp was the best player he’d played with.

3 Likes
1 Like

Oh the joy on Anelka face. The start of the sulking stage of his career.

How good was Anelka especially in context of his age at the time?

1 Like

Still not seen an 18/19 year old striker like him. Ever so deadly.

2 Likes

Did you not watch R9 :eyes:

Not in Holland.

Only had access to Serie A back then.

1 Like

He was playing in the Serie A from 97 onwards same time Anelka was at Arsenal

Yeah, think he was a bit older then, dude.

I think, for all intents and purposes, what R9 was doing at the age of 18 can only be bettered by one attacking player. Pele. (To think that autocorrect wanted me to convert that to Pepe. Goddamn)

1 Like

Sublime. Could of been the best player in the world if he rid himself of those brothers and let Wenger mould him then.
A lot tbf stems from his childhood. Such a shame really.

5 Likes

Did you ever watch the Anelka documentary? It’s really good

2 Likes

Second question, think we should’ve signed him from Bolton?

2 Likes

I think we missed our big time. He had a really strong spell at Chelsea and showed some great versatility

3 Likes

What I love about these old Bergkamp videos is the highlights from Highbury. The lower camera angle made you wonder how the fuck he found his targets when the pitch looked so congested.

And Pires dancing around defenders on the far touchline, when it looked like there was no space whatsoever over there but we managed to somehow one touch pass ourselves out of pressure.

5 Likes

Yeah and also think Liverpool should of singed him as well when he was loaned.
Nobody beat the offside trap like him. The holding of that line was supreme. See winning goal in 98 final for confirmation.

3 Likes

In an age where very few people had Sky Sports, the FA Cup final was one of the first times anyone had seen Anelka on telly.

I can remember early doors in the game, Anelka absolutely skinning Dabizas for pace for a ball that should have been Dabizas’ all day long. My dad said “that boy’s got some pace on him!” lol

2 Likes

It never gets old that goal. Even now there’s class in the finish it’s not all about pace.

2 Likes