Dennis Bergkamp

I never understood how Bergkamp never got the proper credit he deserved.
Go into the Ozil thread and see people talking about technical ability, this guy was a master of magicians and had that in absurd quantities.
I like Ozil, but Bergkamp was another level totally for me.

6 Likes

You’re just biased towards your Dad :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, because you’ve definitely swerved that land mine during your time on the forum…

:bergkamp2:

1 Like

YOU’RE SO MEAN TO ME ALL THE TIME

@Bl1nk @Craigie @JakeyBoy @shamrockgooner

This is just plain bullying, someone give her a warning :no_entry: :triumph:

:xhaka:

Do you know nothing about girls? It means I like you

1 Like

I thought it was the other way around and that boys were mean to girls they like! :bellcry:

Err do you not remember this classic?

6 Likes

I was there. Thought we were gonna win it with his genius that night but Leicester kept scoring so we only got a point.

1 Like

Did you stick around for Wrighty and Steve Walsh having a dust-up?

I stayed all the time but don’t remember the dust up well. Was a long time ago but will never forget that Bergkamp hatrick. Think the final goal of the three was my favourite.

2 Likes

:fire:

12 Likes

Bergkamp blessed both Arsenal and opposition fans with his technique, I’d surely be applauding if i was on the other side of the fence.

3 Likes

Imagine there are cretins out there who think Mesut Ozil was better.

9 Likes

Cant believe you didn’t caption your post with a :bergkamp2:

10 Likes
10 Likes

Ball only touched the floor as it bounced into the goal. Unreal technique. You do not see that kind of elite ability very often.

Utter genius.

3 Likes

Outrageous goal. One of his best for sure and that says a lot.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion but did anyone else not appreciete Bergkamp in his prime? He’s obviously technically great but I was always annoyed he didn’t have that turn of pace that Wright, Henry, Anelka and Overmars offered back then. I underrated him at the time, but he did annoy me a bit.

The best DB10 goal purely because of the creampie commentary

6 Likes

It really is some sort of goal that one, very special player.

3 Likes