Denis Suárez

Fair point he just looks lightweight where Torriera looked involved from the start

1 Like

Hopefully he’ll get 60-70 minutes today so we can actually get a proper look at him

Its not only the climatising. He’s actually not played much football for a while consistently, so he’s not even match fit yet.

I’m sure he’ll feature regularly once he’s got to the right level.

2 Likes

Ok, but i think today is the right game to start him. Play him 60 minutes and then take him off.

Tonight*

1 Like

Yep :wink:

1 Like

I agree i did mention this saying he has not played very much for barca either.

He will have like 5-6 games to impress and make the move permanent.

1 Like

Read today that Emery stated Suarez wasn’t the player he remembered from Spain. He still doesn’t seem to want to play him and that’s a worry considering how close we are to the end of the season. I’m not saying he would be a bad buy for us just that it might take a long time for him to get into form and we need someone to replace Ramsey at the start of next season

1 Like

Good thing we didn’t just buy him outright then… glad that Emery is taking time and being critical and cautious with purchase. Rather wait until summer and get someone in.

2 Likes

Source?

No way he would ever say that. Incredibly hard to believe.

I read it on my tablet on news coming through to me. My fault for not making a note of the source.

The artical referred to Squarez not playing enough games at Barca due to the price they had to pay Man City. It stated that money had to be paid for every ten games he played and they lost faith with paying it I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he may need more time to really get involved and with money right it may be better spent on an inform player rather than a gamble.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that worrying. We have reasonable enough players and often a reasonable enough bench.

Yesterday for example, no way he should have come on ahead of the 3 players that did. Nor should he have started over the players that did.

It was a baffling loan that we really didn’t need, which is what makes me believe he’s just being eased into the squad as a longer term Welbeck or Ramsey replacement.

I think Emery should be able to assess him enough in training and then maybe give him games later in March or April to test him a bit. If that’s truly what’s happening then it may be a sensible way to do it.

1 Like

At the time we bought him we were on a bad run of form and there was pressure on the club to strengthen in the window.

I wonder if he was brought in, on loan, to placate the supporters that were getting frustrated with our lack of activity in the transfer market.

I’m all for him being on loan and taking time to settle in but we have to decide on buying him at the end of the season which is not far off. I’m not certain we will see him in our team next season

And you believe this person is an ITK who chatted personally to Emery about it? Because Emery never stated that publically.

I’m sorry I didn’t take a note of the source but I don’t think it that hard to believe. When was the last time Squarez played for Emery ? This player has not been included in the Barca team for some time. If he was that good surely Barca would have included him and want him to stay. It just makes sense, also why hasn’t Emery played him at some stage in the games we have had with him on loan at our club. It not because he’s s not fit it bacause Emery is trying to change him back into the player he knew and liked. Not hard to understand really

Bad business if true, I’d need to see alot to convince me he’s a £22m player.

I think we can obtain better and younger talents at a similar price range

2 Likes