Dayot Upamecano

If we sell Iwobi in time it’ll give us that extra 30m to get this over the line.

Fucking hell what a busy couple of days. Would hate to see Raul’s armpits now.

1 Like

We’re already there mate.

7 Likes

Yeh true, but even at the time VVD was a great deal, Maguire isn’t a bad one either, sometimes you just have to spent what it takes to plug a hole in the squad. £70mil for Upamecano sounds the most risky of all, but at 20 I suppose you’re going to be set for the next 10-12 years should he succeed.

2 Likes

What’s good about Upamecano is that if he doesn’t shine over the next 3-4 years then he’s still basically Rugani - a still youngish guy with a lot of tools that might need a better situation to put it all together - and you can probably still sell him for 40-50m (factoring in some continuing transfer fee inflation).

If Maguire is mediocre over the next 3-4 years or declines due to age/injury, he’s Chris Smalling or Phil Jones all over again, a 30 year old CB on big wages that nobody wants.

3 Likes
1 Like

Selling Iwobi to fund the Upamecano move. What a Dayot this is!!

6 Likes

Taps AFF on this Dayoot if this happens

I dunno if he is the answer, but Rugani certainly isn’t and if this is the alternative…

2 Likes

Niche punning. Don’t know if anyone else will get this lol

1 Like

John Cross has ruled out the signings of Upamecano and Rugani.

So we’re signing both then?

8 Likes

It’s unbelievable John Cross is still around. He’s been writing complete bollocks since before I left school 16 years ago

10 Likes

Daylight come…?

Came too late to unsettle the player

Fucking accept the bid you energy drink bastards. You are a nothing club made famous by a drink.

2 Likes

Is he worth 70mil? seems a tad high. We just need somebody better than Mustafi.

Who the f*ck knows… certainly not proven like VVD, but he is only 20 and obviously would be an investment for 10+ years of value. I can’t imagine we spend another 70 million unless people like Ozil or Micki are on the way out plus Moose/Chambers or Iwobi and we are cobbling together 40+ in sales plus wage relief…

shit is HOTTING UP

Trying to fleece us most likely. Probably want 90m plus ESR.

At this point just sell Iwobi and ESR and buy Zaha.

1 Like