David Rocastle

Loved Merse. Brilliant player.

3 Likes

Nothing on Gervinho though

Literally would have been a starter in any Arsenal side

So youā€™ve put Merse posts in the Rocky thread? :thinking:

Thereā€™s like two. They were in the Rocastle thread we already had, I just joined the two threads together.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t find one and I always search

No idea whatā€™s happened mate. I stuck a thread up and seems to have been merged with another.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t a criticism mate, I just added the other posts into this thread, its a great thread.

4 Likes

Probably the first instance of off topic posts we have ever had to be fair.

4 Likes

Loved that video and wondered where the hell the one with the Beatles song went :grin:

I wonder where @SLAG went tbh

I think this was my favourite North London Derby.

Spurs observed the minutes silence perfectly, it has to be said and they were probably the most appropriate opposition we could have had to mark Rockyā€™s passing.

1 Like

How much of us falling out of title contention was due to selling Rocastle, Richardson and Thomas?

@Stroller @Ashgooner1 @MO_OA49 @Kroenkeoutplease @InvincibleDB10

Also Rocastle, Adams, Merson, Thomas, Davis, Campbell and Andy Cole have to be our best ever youth generation.

1 Like

And our number 7 scoring :grin:

1 Like

Not forgetting Keown as well :grin:

Yep, crazy we let Keown and Cole leave for very little

1 Like

Tea leaf

Richardson should have stayed a bit longer. Thomas and Rocky lost form and Limpar falling out with Graham was too much talent.
Selley, Morrow and Hillier were no where near the same level.
Jensen was a disaster and Sigi Johnson was injured in a few matches.
When Wrighty came we lost Smith and Campbell output too.
We became more pragmatic and over reliant on Wrighty who willingly took up the mantle and produced but we lost the dynamic from midfield. Good enough for cup campaigns though but the League became too tough for this group and Graham didnā€™t really evolve after the second title.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a shame that we sort of wasted the Wright transfer with some of those decisions. Wright and Keown look like the only really good transfers we landed post '91 under Graham. We were in an optimal position to win several league titles if we get the right transfers and after Liverpool went on their baron run. United really splashed the cash at the right time getting the right players for the most part.

I think if we get in Wright and Keown but also say Cantona, Chris Waddle and a couple of good box to box midfielders like maybe Batty then weā€™d have won some titles before Wenger came and maybe Graham keeps his job if he does that.

1 Like

I agree with this.

However,

Graham >> Wenger