David O’Leary

Couldn’t find a thread for this guy, but he’s our highest capped player ever so he deserves his own thread I reckon

2 Likes

download

david-oleary-tony-adams-league-championship-50291

3 Likes

Cheers lad cba putting pictures up lmao

1 Like

What do people think of him potentially getting a board position? After the player recruitment at Leeds I’m against it.

1 Like

He is the only player to have played alongside 1971 double winning side players, like Wilson, Rice, Armstrong, etc, when he first came to the club and then go on to play with players that would go on to win the double with Wenger, like Wright, Seaman, Parlour, Adams, Winterburn and Dixon.

8 Likes

Arsenal legend.

4 Likes

Personification of Arsenal class. True legend and one I’d dearly have loved to played under early Wenger.

7 Likes

His face just calls out that he is a nice person.

2 Likes

He was a miracle worker with Villa, too.

6th place finish when we were Invincibles, wasn’t it? They were in with an outside chance for CL football until the penultimate week of the season, if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

Do you think his managerial reputation was tainted due to the Leeds financial collapse?

Maybe, but you could see he was building for the future with Leeds.

Why did he leave/get sacked again? Was it to do with the Rio Turdinand transfer?

2 Likes

Would of been perfect in the Pat Rice role. Had a lot to give and would of learned a lot going forward too.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying it for a while, we need someone like him on the board. Like you guys said apart from being a club legend the guy has football running through his veins. We ain’t really got anyone like that, plus he has experienced a practically every level of the game.

2 Likes

@Stroller @DavidHillier when is the Zoom presentation on who the fack this guy is for us international fans below the age of 30?

1 Like

O Deary me :pensive:

2 Likes

He won’t be involved in buying players so his past record there isn’t of concern. He’s a football man and an Arsenal man. All for him joining the board.

3 Likes

And for scoring the winning penalty for Ireland against Romania too.:wink:

2 Likes

Did he score the winning pen or did Bonner make the winning save? :thinking:

2 Likes

Is this the first goal by an Arsenal player in a world cup?
I think it is but I’m not sure. @Mr_Nostalgia do you know mate.

2 Likes

You’re probably right.

I can’t think of a single Arsenal player who represented any country in a world cup pre 1990 (apart from the geezer on the subs bench in the 66 England squad) let alone scored in one.

1 Like