Darren Burgess

You could be asking me if the pope is catholic- Yes yes yes

You’re completely right

Anyone else who thinks different and that the Kroenkes aren’t running this shit show is crazy.

2 Likes

He’s the manager; is he not supposed to lead and try to solve our problems? There’s no indication that him “leading an inquest” means that he’s absolving himself of blame either, and people who read into it that way are just being silly on purpose frankly.

I sometimes can’t believe the level of criticism the guy gets, it just amazes me. We had a shit end to the season which he definitely takes part of the blame for, but if he didn’t lead an inquest and try to figure out where we fell short he’d also be criticised for not doing anything to address our issues, kind of like the previous manager.

Basically: if he does nothing to try and improve our situation he’s a cunt, and if he speaks to the players and other staff in an effort to get their perspectives in order to learn and hopefully do a better job next season, he’s a cunt.

2 Likes

I have got a horrible feeling that a lot of fans like this are eventually going to hound this guy out of our club! Everyone says he is not elite level…but not every manager is and some grow into it. I have got a gut feeling that Emery is going to be one of the best managers out there in time there is going to be a time that he ‘bursts through’ and we are gonna regret it if we hound him out!

Then we are gonna hear from the same twats ‘fucking twats from the arsenal board we had a damn good manager and the kroenkes let him go and didnt back him etc’ but of course wont mention it is gonna be them that had the guy pushed out by protesting!

Emery is 15 years in the job at this point. He is not going to grow into a top manager. He got the PSG and Arsenal jobs on the back of his 3 Europa League wins and that will be it for him at top 10/15-ish clubs in Europe.

4 Likes

He is still a young manager and stop quoting psg as some sorta reason as to why he isnt because people rate tuchel but he was even worse there psg are a fucking joke with the player power no manager is gonna do well there

You miss my point. I’m stating that after this Emery will not get a top job in European football anymore.

Well poch was a nothing in europe and now everyone seemingly wants him…you watch emery will get us back in the cl and i dont think we will get too many drubbings anymore either once we get the dregs out of the squad…heard it here first, i just have a feeling!

Pochettino is only in his third managing job. Any half decent manager should get Arsenal back in the Champions League. That’s not something to get excited about in the slighest.

1 Like

So you’re acting like Emery is elite if he sneaks some 4th place one season then proceeds to make the CL rd 16 and we lose in competitive fashion ? :thinking:

I don’t think he’s at the elite level and he won’t ever be, but that isn’t even the point. He’s at our level right now and we won’t be able to attract many managers who are better than him, so to hound him out after one season when many other factors have contributed to our poor form is ridiculous.

1 Like

I reckon emery will get us challenging again…just my thoughts on the matter i could be wrong but i feel people are writing him off far too early! He was throen in to a garbage squad with injuries and a lot of backroom changes with little investment and was only 1 point off the cl places and nearly won the europa in his 1st season. I could very well be wrong but i just got a gut feeling!

1 Like

He’s been a top flight manager for 11 years. I think that’s long enough for him to understand his craft.

He’s fine, and fine is fine for us for another season but I doubt he’ll ever be special or reinvent himself. Even with decent business I’m not confident of Emery’s Arsenal breaking 80 points any time soon.

1 Like

Some people gave Wenger a pass on that for a decade.

Disagree tbh

Except for 3 or 4 elite names, I think this club is able to bring most top managers to the table depending on their situation

1 Like

I feel often people underestimate just how attractive a proposition Arsenal is. London, rich, PL club, deep history, nice trophy cabinet, huge global fanbase, world class stadiums and facilities.

2 Likes

Fuckin massive salary!!!

2 Likes

Because he brought home 3 league titles, 7 FA cups and an unbeatable season. Don’t even try to compare the two. You really need to let go. Wenger is gone, Emery is the manager now. Accept criticism or not, but stop making it out that Emery’s failings are somehow Wengers fault.

Except there are four clubs in the PL who, apart from London, can offer the same with (a lot) more resources.

Can we prove this then maybe?

1 Like

He’s left a fucking mess of a situation here. It’s very much his fault