Danny Welbeck

Giroud was our only actual striker so there’s no way he was signed as back up.

1 Like

Alexis played well as a #9, but that’s because he was a great footballer. I don’t necessarily think it was the best use of him, or that it was best for the team.

Alexis I think would have benefited from playing as a #10. The Wayne Rooney or Antonine Griezamnn type of #10 which was effectively in a 4-4-2.

1 Like

Then why did wenger play Podolski at CF in the first game of the season in 2012 then lol. Wenger said he brought both as back up to Van Persie. But then Cunt left us. Then after the game against Sunderland. Gervinho was given a try lol. It was only after the game against Liverpool in 2012 that giroud started games at CF.

I think that was kind of bullshit (by Wenger)

As @SRCJJ said, Giroud was a striker, Poldi never played as lone striker/CF in a 4-2-3-1 formation, neither with Koln or Germany. If he played as CF, it was a 4-4-2 formation but Wenger never used it.

If Wenger bought Poldi to replace RVP, then it was a huge mistake

2 Likes

Fuck me, I’d rather discuss whether Ronaldo is a rapist at length than go through that old chestnut of eternal doom that is the debate on whether or not Giroud was underrated for arsenal.

International break needs to be over NOW

4 Likes

Podolski was a striker for Germany . I remember watching him with Klose in 2006 lol. He only started playing wide forward from 2010 onwards bro.

Like I said, he was the 2nd forward for Germany, behind Klose.
Never a lone striker (behind Novakovic) for Koln or Germany, NEVER.

Then why was he given . Games at CF ? Lol

Ask Wenger, AKB :wenger: :wenger: :wenger:

My memory must be dazzled as hell :expressionless: Because I remember Poldi playing LW in his first game for us, but kept moving into the central parts of the pitch. He did it rather promising as well, but Wenger shouted at him to stay wide. I may be thinking of another game though :thinking:

1 Like

Actually he started as lone striker for us in his first 2 games, then on the 3rd, Wenger put Giroud as striker against Liverpool and Poldi scored one and assisted Santi on the 2nd. We won 2-0

1 Like

Giroud had a rapist first touch

1 Like

I couldn’t disagree more.
He was shit centrally when he just came… Wenger tried him there, he looked totally clueless… But when we tried him there again, was it in 205/16, can’t remember the time frame properly… When Giroud had that injury… He was absolutely brilliant up front. Individually, I’d say his BEST period in the club, looked as one of the best players in the league… absolute revelation. Not just that, he was giving us a whole another dimension. After the agony with Giroud, we finally had a forward with some skills and unpredictability up front, a guy who could keep the ball, take players on and beat them… He was also creating for others too.

Absolutely one of the worst Wenger’s decisions EVER to move him back to the wing in favour of Giroud… …who was scoring every time he got subbed on at that time and Wenger thought we would be more dangerous with both of them starting and totally killed the dynamics of our attack with that. Also killed Walcott’s great form with that too (his last good period in the club), he was complimenting Alexis great with his movement, but obviously couldn’t offer the same with Giroud. Idiotic from Wenger.

1 Like
12 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Didn’t realise Lamptey was so short

1 Like

Neither did I, he’s tiny!

If all these guys played for Ghana. :eyes:
Wele, Lamptey, Partey, CHO, Eddie, Salisu, etc.

They did the meme. :rofl:

17 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like