Danny Welbeck

Park Ji Sung

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

2 Likes

James Milner

1 Like

Sign him up and stick him in midfield ye?

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Wherever you may be

All mentioned “defensive attacking player” had good scoring numbers, dangerous and lethal in the final 3rd.

Footballistically😅, he was always a useful player for us and Utd. I quite liked him here tbh even if he didn’t score a lot.

Nice little move for Welé

Though not sure the fans are thrilled. First reply:

:rofl:

5 Likes
5 Likes

sounds untrue
he had a phone call with Welbeck

Direct words from Wenger. So yeah, it’s probably not true.

4 Likes

Taken out of context

This is the thing with Wenger. Despite being proficient speaker, I don’t think he conveys the truth properly and leaves a lot of context out.
The two quotes conflict what he means to say.

Funny thing is wenger has tried multiple players at CF since Giroud signed. Podolski was brought in the 2012 season as first choice CF , When Van Persie left. But wenger realised after the first game against Sunderland in 2012 , he can’t play CF in the clubs system .Gervinho was then tried at CF, he moved well , but as a awful football, Walcott did a decent job at CF before his injury against Spurs in the FA cup, then Sanogo was brought, the less said the better and then Welbeck was an awful CF bar the game against Galatasaray . Did well was workhorse wide player though. Alexis was really good at CF. But was then put back at LW. Then funny thing is 80 percent of Ozil assists at the club was with Giroud at CF.

3 Likes

Because Giroud just simply played and started the most as CF among all?

Those options were given chances. They proved to be inferior.

I still remember Giroud was pretty shit when starting his first 10 games as CF… Wenger just obsessed and continuing to put him there.
No right or wrong, I just think Wenger gave him more chances (especially his annual slump) than anybody else, and stick with him a bit too long.

Giroud was signed as back-up. Remember when Podolski started at CF in the first game of the season v in 2012 Sun’land? They guy proved that he was a wide forward after that game lol.