Danny Welbeck

Maybe we are giving him a new contract so that we could get some sort of fees when we sell him? Sub-par or not, losing him on free would be pretty bad business. He is English and good enough to be a starter for a lot of mid table teams.

Doesnā€™t he have one more year on contract or is he out this summer?

Nah pretty sure his contract is over this summer.

Recovering from his injury, plus him remaining form will not see him ready before october so we canā€™t afford it.

1 Like

Free agent this summer.

That wonā€™t happen. If you re-sign him you wonā€™t be able to sell him because the wage likely makes him unattractive to smaller clubs.

1 Like

Well then let him walk. Heā€™ll get better offers as FA anyway.

Can see him going to the likes of Everton or West Ham. He would be good for them.

2 Likes

I understand the concept of behindā€¦ if we want to be cheap, extending someoneā€™s contract can avoid mass transfer fee.

However, Dannyā€™s injury record is getting close to Diabyā€™s one.
That probably means we are paying him for ā€œnot playingā€.
Smart business? I doubt.

If I have to choose between Welbeck and Iwobiā€¦ I have to pick the least shit in Iwobi (painfully). At least Iwobi is younger and healthier.

2 Likes

Bit of a shame because Danny was having a very good season before his injury and would have been useful when Auba was not in form.

1 Like

too badā€¦ life is always like that.

2 Likes

This wouldnā€™t be a bad move for him actually. I wouldnā€™t complain if we kept him, but if heā€™s definitely going then I could see him doing well under Rafa. Heā€™d certainly get more game time there anyway ā€“ if he stays fit.

7 Likes

On a free heā€™s worth a punt for any bottom 12 side. I think heā€™d be great for Newcastle.

9 Likes

If this rumour is true, then the most amazing thing about it isnā€™t Welbeck going to Newcastle, itā€™s Benitez staying there.

I think Welbeck would suit a team like Everton or West ham, who will both be looking for attacking players in the transfer window.

Newcastle have the likes of Christian Atsu.

Theyā€™d worship Welbz lol

@shamrockgooner getting an itchy trigger finger after reading this :wink:

Best of luck to Welbz thank you for the goal at Old Trafford to knock them out the FA Cup

3 Likes

Least he tried when he played. Iā€™ll leave him be for now.

8 Likes

Saw him being presented with a small canon case alongside Rambo and Cech and figured, yep heā€™s definately off this Summer.

Real shame injuries blighted his time during Arsenal. I liked having him here. Will never forget the winner he scored against Man Utd at OT in the Cup in 2015, that was a quality moment.

Best of luck in the future Danny.

6 Likes

Would rather keep Danny and get rid of all the other losers. At least he tries ā€“ even if his talent is limited.

6 Likes

Emery confirms he is leaving.