Dani Ceballos

Thought he struggled a lot against Wolves. The game really showed how unathletic Dani and Granit are.
Not only is he slow but he doesn’t have that small burst to make a proper run.

Arteta:

“Yeah, we are talking to the club,” Arteta said when asked if he was aiming to retain Ceballos’s services. “Obviously we don’t own the player, he’s not in our hands so the clubs will need to have a communication and see what we can do.

So Ozil and Geundo out the rest can stay it seems.

I think Maitland-Niles doesn’t have a future here either.

Probably not, but he might just hang on as a utility player for a while until the right confluence of contract or offer situation materializes.

With Cedric and Willock I would think that even his minutes as utility player are limited.

No chance Madrid lets him go for a fair price.
Mikel is trying to be kind but you can see he sets boundaries because the deal is never happening.
All you can do is praise Dani and hope he gives the max till he fucks off back to Spain.

£20m should do the trick in these Covid times.

If he continues this form

1 Like

Worth a punt.
By the way, we also have the fact that he publicly admitted that he wants to return to Spain.

Shove a good contract for his face and that might change too.

1 Like

If you can get him for a cheap fee from Real, then he’s worth a chance. I wouldn’t be paying over the odds for him to be honest.

1 Like

This was a fascinating watch. Arteta is barking at Dani basically the whole time. Makes me wonder if Arteta thinks Dani is worth keeping around if he can mold him. I certainly wouldn’t mind keeping a guy who thought enough of the club to work himself back into the team despite having like two weeks left on his loan deal.

1 Like

Haha at 7:25 you can see Arteta air-kicking for the Willock 0-3 chance.

3 Likes

Ceballos is BALLIN it right now. Playing to his potential tonight!

Massive growth from Ceballos since he replaced Torreira under Arteta. Game by game. His fitness is still questionable but you gotta wonder how much he’ll improve given another season.
Didn’t believe I’ll say this, but I think Ceballos has earned by stamp of approval.

Btw, what a fraud Emery is. Couldn’t even improve the pure Spanish lad in the team. Absolute bum.

1 Like

Oh now y’all singing his praises yeah :sunglasses:

This guy is instrumental for what Arteta wants at this current moment. We haven’t got that sort of enabler in midfield like him. Ozil can’t even play that role as it requires some toughness.

2 Likes

Tbh as Abou and I said last summer, getting Ceballos on loan was a masterstroke (unintentional) by Raul, because we knew that smalldicker would ruin any kind of talent Ceballos had for a while, driving his price down for us.

Now to cash in on phase 2 and get him for cheap.

3 Likes

Hes finally stepped up. Looking class on the ball at the moment.