Dani Ceballos

If Ceballos isn’t a priority for Madrid, which clearly he’s not otherwise he wouldn’t be looking elsewhere for play time, why would he wanna go back at the end of the season if he plays a lot here and helps us achieve CL football? That should be our aspirations for next year and if Ceballos is a key component in that I don’t see why he would want to return to Madrid to sit on the bench. I’d wager we’d be favorites to sign him on permanent deal and probably get a bit of a discount in the process because the player is settled in. In this case I feel like half the battle is getting this guy in the door and we can go from there. Who knows maybe we could even come up with the money to sign him in January.

1 Like

I agree. He’s ended up at Leicester for a reason and that’s because he isn’t as good as some fans believe him to be.

1 Like

I’d say Tielamans for 40 million is by far a better deal for us than a loan deal anyway you look at it.

Will be interesting to see how they both fare if Ceballos does indeed sign for us.

1 Like

I’m seriously yet to be convinced Ceballos is a better player than Tielemans because of the clubs they’ve ended up at.

Happy to be quoted in 12-24 months time and proved wrong though

Buy him in January and get a bit of a discount. Lol God loves a tryer but myths like this are why I choose not to believe.

2 Likes

might just have a dodgy eye

makes it even worse how Chelsea got to sign him them with a transfer ban then, I get the reason was because he was already registered with them but it shouldn’t have counted as it was for last season only

This guy was incredible in the under 21 Championships. Scored GOLAZOOOOO after GOLAZOOOOO. I simply cannot wait to see him play for us if it happens.

Much rather him over Tielemans even on a loan

Tielemans is getting way underrated in this thread

1 Like

Well I don’t even really know his market value do you? If the player wants to be here Madrid would probably kowtow to his request.

Think that’s a stretch tbh mate.

Y tho

Why would they. He’ and they are both a long way from making any decision on his future for a start.
Plus his wish would be secondary to what they maybe could get elsewhere.
Tbf at the moment he hasn’t even been loaned yet.

4 Likes

Would be the best midfielder in the prem no contest. COYG

1 Like

It’ll be nice to have him for a year before he signs for United or City

You have to hope he has a good season for us, loves it in London and tells Madrid he has no intention of going back there.

A Kovacic type outcome is the best we can hope for but if he helps us achieve our short term goal of getting back in the CL, then can’t complain too much if the worst happens and he goes back to Madrid without even looking back.

1 Like

Or we just pay up him. Depending on how Holding develops the priority next summer is to get rid of Xhaka anyway.

1 Like

“Allowed” lol

2 Likes