Dani Ceballos

Issue isn’t whether he’d be available to buy next summer, it’s the cost of the transfer after (we hope) a productive season without having agreed a set the price now whilst his stock is relatively low.

His cost and interest of other clubs is likely to increase over the course of the season if we’ve got a decent player on our hands

4 Likes

Arsenal needs somebody this year and doesn’t have an unlimited budget. If they can’t (or don’t want to) buy him next summer, the funds will be there to buy somebody else. This is a signing for the moment. After this season, que sera sera.

Don’t know much about this guy…is he actually any good?

Yes. Most upside of any winger target Arsenal has been linked with.

I’m not talking about Everton, I’m asking about Ceballos…

Kovacic was your boy! He kinda sucked and still bagged a move, football is mad.

Even if we could have agreed a fee for Ceballos it would’ve been fairly high anyway, even if he does well we can still buy but I imagine only if we get back into the CL.

1 Like

Unless he has a Frenkie De Jong type of season, I don’t see him costing more than £40M. Our supposed offer for him was probably in the region of £20M.

1 Like

A technically sound midfielder who can carry the ball? This would be a god send. Imo it’s the most glaring weakness in our team, and it would also hopefully lead to the benching of Xhaka. Even if it’s only for a year, an above average capable midfielder would probably have been the difference for us in the top 4 battle last season.

Haiving said that, even if there’s no option to buy, you’ve got to think we’d have the inside track to sign him after a year of him adjusting to the club, ect. And if not, that’s fine as long as he got us back into the CL we’ll worry about finding a replacement next summer.

2 Likes

Its a coup in a sense because it’s a free player for a year but in another sense it’s crap because he’ll goto the highest bidder next summer. If he’s very good, Chelsea/United/City might become options for him

2 Likes

A bit of wishful thinking no? Emery’s a Xhaka mark. Pretty evident when he played the lad at CB and LB when other alternatives for those positions were available, just to have him in the side. Plus, he’s gonna be the main captain next season.
It pains me to see it but it is what it is.

1 Like

If Emery is that stupid he’ll be out of a job. If he’s not that stupid he’ll replace Xhaka and use him sparingly to rest our actual good midfileders. Either way it’s a win win for us as fans in the end.

Definitely don’t see Xhaka being replaced anytime soon unless Tor/Guen step up proper. Ceballos coming in hopefully gives us another dimension to blÖndey.

1 Like

Would be pretty dope to see midfield three of Guen, Torreira and Ceballos bench Xhaka.

8 Likes

Preach.

Captain Xhak won’t get benched, but that would be a dream.

1 Like

It’s okay because we’re desperate but it’s fucking inexcusable that we overlook Tielamans for a deal like this
Fully expect to be screwed by Real however he does here.

Leno

Bellerin Sokratis Holdini Tierney

Guendouzi Torreira Ceballos

Everton Laca Birmingham

What an 11!

How are they going to ‘screw us’? No matter how well/bad he is, he goes back to his parent club at the end of the loan.

Could see them dictate a lot during a season tbh.
Can see them voicing how many games he can play and competitions he can appear in.
Any injury issues might see them call h back for treatment.
The end of the day the player sees his future their and he will listen to them. Lastly when it comes to any possible deal if they sell we won’t get any real consideration.
Can’t prove any of this but don’t trust them one bit.

It’s really not. Tielemans signed with Leicester for a reason. Ceballos is a different level of player.

4 Likes