Dani Ceballos

Do you see Real selling him? I think he’s at that point of his career that he probably wants first team football every week and if he loves life in London and at Arsenal, and keeps himself at a high level for the rest of his loan and Real are willing to sell, signing him and a top class defender are a must. Tough to leave Real to be fair, no player wants to even the squad players.

If he has a season when he’s really been a stand out, going to be a lot more clubs after him probably more willing to offer him big wages. I’m holding out for hope that Real go on another one of those buy every big player buzz they go on and they are willing to sell him.

1 Like

He is surplus to their current requirements. If he is allowed to pull the strings here and make a name for himself - but above all if he feels like he has found his home here then hoping he decides to move from Real. He is already loved and that means a lot for a player. Wondering if Santi/Cesc haven’t had a word about us :rofl::heart::100:

1 Like

Hopefully he has the type of personality to want to go out and make a name for himself at a club like ours rather than potentially just being a bit part player for Real that gets whistled at.

1 Like

I can see him being the sort of guy to get really attached to his new club and want to stay here. Equally I can’t see him doing THAT well that Zidane takes any notice

3 Likes

Did he surpass the minutes Denis Suarez had last season?

I go two ways on this. On the one hand I agree with you on the other hand he’s just so damn Spanish and for a franquista from Utrera like him making it at Real Madrid and for Spain is the #1 dream. Living abroad and getting to know new cultures not so much.

Modric is gone soon, a new manager would likely discard Casemiro or lessen his role, and Kroos has made noises about ending his cycle at Madrid (I suspect he’ll last as long as Zidane does. Which is probably just this season) and isn’t getting any younger either. Even with Pogba that leaves room for Dani. Will need Madrid to sign someone like Fabián/Eriksen/whatever new midfield sensation emerges and maybe have a manager that sees Isco as important if we are to make it permanent.

One thing working in our favour is Emery is shit enough that he won’t shine too much. Put him under a quality manager like Poch or Pep and he would make it impossible to sell him.

4 Likes

We also need to hope Odegaard is going to do really well at Sociedad, that would help Arsenal’s case a bit.

1 Like

The last clip is very, very risky play. He loses the ball there and they’re on the counter.
It’s one of the areas that Ceballos needs to work. He loves to have the ball, a bit too much. It’s nice when you’re Messi or Alexis, but you need to be near elite on the ball for it and have some great stamina as carrying the ball like that could tire you up.
Look at how blown up he was v Spurs after coming on as a sub.

1 Like

If we slap £50m down for him at the end of the season (provided he continues to perform as we project him to), I think Madrid would find it very difficult to turn that money down.

If Madrid have a poor season as well, I suspect the fans will want Galactico signings. Although Ceballos looks like he should be an ideal fit for Madrid, they’ve got a history of doing silly things in the transfer market so we have a chance.

First things first, let’s be in a position at the end of the season where we actually want to keep him! All manner of things could happen in the next 8 months.

1 Like

It’s not just convincing Madrid though, we have to convince Ceballos. If reports are to be believed, he personally requested that there be no option to buy because he is determined to make it at Madrid.

2 Likes

Sanchez was incredibly wasteful with the ball.

Yep, that’s why Messi is on a category of his own in that department.

If there was no option to buy, he could just say “no” to the contract anyway… not saying that story isn’t true, but I don’t really see how it changes anything other than if he was ok with joining us in the first place (in which case we would at least have pre-agreed fee).

I agree and for a club like Madrid if they miss on whatever move they make they will just buy him back from us for 70million the next season.

He’s here to stay :xhaka2:

8 Likes

Under Zinedine Zidane opportunities were few: in his first season he was on the field for 16% of Real’s game time. He talked about ostracism, telling Radio Marca: “There comes a time when you see it’s impossible: there were times when Kroos and Modric were injured and he’d change the system to put others in.”

He admitted that, had Zidane stayed, he would have left. Instead, Zidane walked out. Then, six months later, Zidane walked back in. Ceballos started one of 11 matches after the manager’s return, employing a personal coach to ensure his level did not drop.

This summer Zidane made little attempt to persuade him to stay. One of the midfielder’s former coaches calls his treatment an aberration. It must be hard not to agree. “You have to be realistic,” Ceballos says. “The two good games I’ve had so far for Arsenal I never had in two years at Madrid. I didn’t play a lot but it’s also true that, when I played, I didn’t play as I can. That’s related to confidence but you have to be self-critical.”

Yeah he’s not going back to Madrid :smiley:

Great interview that, loving the attitude

7 Likes

YAAAAASSSS QUEEN

4 Likes

People need to stop worrying about if he goes back to Real or not. If we get him good but if not I think we get a quality creative midfielder anyway with Raul being proactive in the market thus far. Cyprien and Eriksen are probably both going to be available next summer so there will be other options.

He has to prove everything still, but he has a lot of potential. Not sure there are a lot of midfielders out there who can reach the same level. If they aren’t at better clubs already anyway.

Would be hilarious if we could pull @Sol and grab Eriksen :rofl::rofl: just for the bantz !!