Dani Ceballos

Under Arteta and the shit football we play its hard to really judge a lot of our players and it’s why u see mistakes in midfield. However it’s Partey and Dani and that should be our pivot. Elneny and Xhaka are not only shittier passers than Dani but they can’t advance the ball through dribbling, and they are both minus defensive players. It’s honestly not even close if you are intelligent enough to know what ur looking at when u watch the matches.

Disclaimer tho is that under Arteta we are gonna be shit regardless, so if Dani leaves it doesn’t really matter. Now if we got a legit manager in, Dani would be very helpful in taking us back to the top.

Bro, Xhaka is much better than Ceballos currently. It’s not even close. Come on.

I think it was your(@Castiel ) post which made me think about the possible valuation he may have in summer. Ceballos’ hype has dropped and his mistake will deem him a non desirable player but if this leads to his value drop to 15-20m, I think at 24, he has scope to improve and prove to be a bargain. I like other aspects of his game.

Anything more and it would be money wasted.

Btw

Good point but do we have money to get both Odegaard & Ceballos?
If we don’t get Odegaard, I am all for spending extra to get a quality partner for Partey.

@Castiel Esplain.

1 Like

Xhaka is playing about the best I’ve ever seen him play bar the first 6 months with Arsene, butttttt it’s mostly just because we’ve become so accustomed to mediocre players that he doesn’t look so bad. It’s a far cry from the technical ability we used to have 3 or 4 years ago. Dani has way more talent but he’s a skill player and that’s clearly not compatible with Arteta, so as I said ur not gonna see the best of him.

1 Like

We better be. We have ~10 players out of favour who can go for minimum 10m each. Time for Edu to show his worth.
We certainly need a #10 but we need to improve our choices in midfield too.

Yeh like I say I’m not flip flopping £15m is the main talking point here. Hard to say no to that from an economical standpoint.

I think I made that comment after Ceballios first mistake so history has proven that we’d have been better off not playing him again in the comp.

As I said it’s a good question because the price point make is interesting, £20m is a hard no from me. At that figure we’re starting to look at the region where we’d be better paying £30+ for someone who can actually displace Xhaka / Elneny consistently.

1 Like

Fair and I think he’ll become a better player eventually but that’s gonna be when he’s 28-29 imo.
I think Ceballos fits La Liga better at the moment. I reckon he’s gonna be another Parejo.
I just don’t think he can offer much more currently.

1 Like

Arteta is either a terrible judge of talent or he only wants to play his favorites regardless of how pedestrian they are. So he sent our best pure defensive midfielder on loan in Torreira, who btw was more proficient in the Xhaka role at Sampdoria than Xhaka is, that’s why we wanted him so bad. And he sent our best #8 to Hertha. And then he kept the two most mediocre shitters at the club and started with them in a pivot lmaoooo, then we wonder why we are 10th in the league in fucking March.

No chance. He’s an individual who thinks he’s better than he actually is.
He can pass given time on the ball and early rounds of Europa you get that but his football intelligence is very low. His understanding of team linking and midfield nous are extremely poor.
Bin him now because you’ll be stuck with a steadily declining player as the seasons go on. Already declined halfway through his second season here.
He’s an easy target for opposition managers and weakens the core.

I was rewatching a bit of Emery’s first season the other day because I didn’t really watch too much that year because it was awful and life was busy.

My problem with Lucas recently was his lack of pace or “burst” that you need to have as a shorter DM. But he actually had that when he first started playing for us and him and guendo next to each other looked alright to be fair.

I do want to give both Guendo and Lucas another try but it’s probably too late.

1 Like

That price is dirt cheap and he is worth that in a vacuum.

But I really only want him as our fourth best CM, like an Elneny replacement. I don’t want to spend on him this summer if it prevents us from bringing in another CM that can actually challenge Xhaka for his place or at least be groomed as a longterm starter.

2 Likes

He makes more accurate passes under pressure than the likes of big talents like Camavinga and the much celebrated Wijnaldum. Of course the times where he makes some mistakes are gonna be remembered but other than Partey there isn’t a dood on our team who can take the ball in dangerous areas and make plays out of that area. We wonder why Arsenal are so aids to watch, a lot of that has to do with how much time Xhaka and Elneny get to play. Such mediocre players for a mediocre team. If we wanted to actually be CL level again, we need a midfield like Partey, Dani, Ødeegard. Arteta can’t figure it out but hopefully we keep him and our next manager is more progressive.

At one point I thought Guendo and Torreira would form a great partnership. They were so good in their first season. Everything went to shit after that.

Dani deserves time around the cheat code Partey.

Xhaka has had the Partey partnership perk for a while.

Tbh Torreira has never been used properly in his time at Arsenal. Emery was using him primarily as a b2b player when he was playing like Xhaka at Sampdoria. Torreira was a Sven buy for Arsene, and then we hired completely different ppl and went in a different direction, he’s gotten lost in the shuffle.

1 Like

Torreira and Partey would be an excellent shield. Tiny Torriera could anchor and sweep laterally while Partey could have more freedom as box to box.

They’re both mobile and good on the ball, I think it would be a decent watch. Though looks like it will never happen due to Torreira’s home sickness. Shame because when Arteta first came in Torreira was really solid for him.

They were mostly ‘good’ when partnered with Xhaka. When Xhaka didn’t play, I was able to see Torreira’s poor passing range and Guendouzi’s ineffectiveness when tasked with defending. Both aren’t good when played as a #6.

He deserves to eat moldy paella and drink frozen sangria. Get his ass back to Levante, Rayo Vulcano and dem man come summer.

1 Like