Current Best Coach (Top 5)

Godteta will soon be #1 on this list but he needs time for the Basque Godteta prophecy to be fulfilled.

2 Likes

Glad to see you have a bit of trolling in your repertoire pal, you’re always so serious! :crazy_face:

Mourinho clearly doesn’t belong to that group nowadays. The rest is fine.

Btw forgot about one other name too… deserves a shout at least.

Poch is arguably the best manager in the Premiership given what he did with Spurs in the last few seasons.

They’ve been restricted in the transfer market by Levy, Poch hasn’t lost a big player since Kyle Walker, he’s managed to get them CL football for the last 3 seasons and he’s shifted the balance of power in North London.

2 Likes

Citation needed

Anything that Poch has done, Klopp has done better imo. Klopp has taken Liverpool from being a very average team that finished 8th in his first season, to a team that won the European Cup, lost in another final and then posted the third highest points total in PL history. Transformed them into arguably the best defensive unit in Europe, and also an incredibly fluid and exciting attacking unit. To compete and actually win a major trophy when competing against the mega-spenders is hugely commendable. For all Poch has achieved, he has ZERO trophies to his name. Klopp has done the same and actually won the biggest cup available to European clubs.

Liverpool have recycled transfer the fees received extremely well, which means their net spend is as impressive as Spurs’ in that time. Net spend since the 2015/6 season when Klopp joined:

Klopp > Poch every day for me.

7 Likes

For me poch did nothing special with spurs in recent years. I expected more. People tend to underrate or forget the quality of their squad.

He’s good but constantly lacks that bit of edge to get among the very elite.

Let’s see how he fares this season. So far so good with losing two of his best players!

The situation we’re in, and given what Klopp needs to succeed, Poch would be a sure-fire bet to make us better (simply put)

Klopp has had a good turnover in terms of net spend, agreed, but he’s also been able to sell off assets he had inherited big money and signed players for astonishingly cheap (e.g. Salah/AOC). I think it’s a telling sign that Klopp couldn’t sign anyone this last summer. Has he been found out in the transfer market? Did he just get lucky in his previous cheap signings?

If one asks, who’d do better at Arsenal, right now, given what Arsenal have, I’d say Poch, no question

1 Like

Don’t forget, Klopp had a very good resume at BVB for several years.
Cheaper signing than Bayern, overachieved, 2 league titles 1 DFB Pokal and one CL final (lost to Bayern).
He may be a one trick pony, but definitely he is not “just” lucky.

He’s not just lucky. He’s just better than Klopp :blush:

It’s akin to the arguments we used to have about Wenger and Ferguson (before 2006). We’d argue that Wenger was better because he did it all on a relative shoestring and therefore it was difficult to compare and contrast.

Relatively speaking, Pochettino, in my mind is the best manager in the league. I think if there wasn’t unrest behind the scenes at Spurs, we’d be seeing even better results from our neighbours.

Really difficult to say you are the best, if not able to win something.
In any era, winning titles and big trophies is the measurement of grading a manager.

So far, Poch is 0.
Same goes to Klopp, before his CL win, so many to use this argument to counter him.

1 Like

True. I can’t argue with that

Poch is going to achieve nothing of note in his career and I’ll stand by that.

His biggest achievement will be taking Spurs to the CL final after failing to win half the games he played in anyway.

1 Like

I’m deifnitely gonna @ you breh

1 Like

He will if he comes to Arsenal :wink:

To apologise…

5 Likes

I’m gonna have this one in the W common right between Mustafi and Pogba (when he shows you how good he is) my brother.

1 Like

Pogba? Don’t get me started lol

@Persona haha both of you will eat your words.

1 Like

So great that he gets knocked out by colchester with a decent squad playing and has achieved nothing…fluked a cl final and lucked out catching us with and manu stinking out the place along with chavski to keep on managing to scrape the cl spots because we all fell over ourselves to give it to him!

1 Like