Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (PL)

Feel better that we’ll turn out and make a performance of these sort of games going forward, but still struggling for confidence we’ll be treated to a solid result yet.

But an SRCJJ vote of confidence begins to make me wonder otherwise now :eyes:

2 Likes

4-1 to Arsenal

Given the number of injuries Palace have, not to mention the suspension to their captain, it’s pretty easy to feel confident.

The fact that their penalty taker won’t be on the pitch if we happen to fall into old ways and do an Arsenal fills me with a lot of confidence.

4 Likes

All for the new style, and I’m all in on Arteta (have been from day dot) but it is hard to be confident when we’re 10th and the season we’ve had.

just go nuts, this is a great year for hindsight :chester:

3 Likes

They probably have Zaha available, he alone is capable of giving us many problems at the back.

Still think we’ll win this though, 1-3.

1 Like

Hate the fact that we almost always give away a penalty to Palace, that Milivojevic converts. Glad he won’t be playing. Having said that, if we allow Zaha to run at our defence, we are bound to give penalties.
We need to ensure we cut the supply to Zaha, and if he does get the ball, Torriera, Xhaka or AMN need to stop him by any means before he gets to into the box.

1 Like

Supposedly they have 11 players injured or suspended…

If we start the game with the same high-intensity approach we had against United and Chelsea, we will get a result.

It’s all about the team’s confidence to replicate that intensity away from home. We mauled Chelsea and United in the opening half hour of both those games, so a performance of that standard will be enough to dispatch Palace too you’d imagine.

This is actually the biggest test for Arteta so far. It’s easy getting the players pumped for big home matches - Palace away is the type of game where we need to be playing much better.

I’ll go with a confident 3-1 win.

2 Likes

Hector Bellerin
Tight right hamstring. Being assessed ahead of Crystal Palace (a).

Still a tight hammy for Hector, he’s close though!

1 Like

I’m happy to volunteer for massage duty

3 Likes

He is not tight where you want to massage him

9 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

What’s the point of that first stat lol

Can’t even show that off in a pub

‘You know t’age difference between mi Arteta and mi Hodgson?’

1 Like

Martinelli 2 Auba 1 crystal palace 1

1 Like

hope lacazette can get off the mark finally

would help his confidence

1 Like

Hodgson’s grandchildren are older than Arteta’s children ffs :joy::joy:

1 Like

After today we will be level with Spurs.

Unchanged from Leeds

Leno; Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac; Torreira, Xhaka; Pepe, Ozil, Aubameyang; Lacazette

1 Like