Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (PL)

• Crystal Palace win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

0 voters

6-0 The Arsenal. It’s happening.

6 Likes

3 1 win this in the last thirty minutes. Martenelli to get off the mark as well.

6 Likes

Did Marti not score against West Ham?

Oh yeah. Two mistakes in two days. Need to get my act together.
Three and I’m imposing a ban on myself.

3 Likes

Going for us to edge this one 2-1, really hope that Arsenal that turned up in the 1st half vs Leeds doesn’t show up though.

Aubameyang and Martinelli to score.

1 Like

They’re going to pose the opposite challenge to Leeds - tough to breakdown, looking to hit us on the break with pace, crunching every challenge.

I’m optimistically saying 2-1 but I think it’ll be a tough fight and a good test.

3 Likes

I think a lot of us have forgotten this game against West Ham :joy:

(By a lot, I mean @Stroller and I)

2 Likes

They have a lot of injuries apparently.

Will be interesting to see our progress.

Arteta is having a good start to his tenure to be honest, an awful Bournemouth side, Lampard fucked up his tactics in the first half, an injury depleted Manutd side who are in awful form and a Palace side with 12 first team injuries.

Should be a win no excuses.

1 Like

Is Zaha injured ?

Feels like the biggest test for Arteta so far. Away at Palace is a tricky one for us and will be good to see if we can show progress and get the win. Not too confident after the mixed performance against Leeds that we’re good enough yet to win a game like this more often than not.

Even so I’m really looking forward to seeing how we do.

4 Likes

Palace away generally is a tough game with how Hodgson sets him team up. But with so many of their players injured/suspended, we couldn’t have had a better time to play them away. However, still a big test for us as Hodgson will do his best to try stop us from playing. 1-3 Arsenal.

3 Likes

For who?

1 Like

For almost all the teams travelling there.
Since Hodgson took over(Sept 2017), Palace have a decent home record of 18 wins, 14 draws and 16 losses(including the recent 2-1 win against West Ham). They’ve scored 63 and conceded 59 at home during this time. Nothing spectacular, but a pretty decent reading for a mid table team. For some reason, their home form this season has been scrutinized a bit, but their losses at home have come against City, Pool and Leicester, And they too were made to fight for the 3 points. All this whilst the spine of their team have beeb injured/off form most of the season(van Anholt, Milivojevic, Zaha to name a few). And leaving stats aside, even to the naked eye, games at Selhurst Park appear tough and grinds a bit out of the oppositions to come away with the 3 points. As I mentioned above, they’re generally tough to beat at home, but no untouchables. Hence I’ve predicted a 3-1 win for us.

5 Likes

Feel the same way. This is the next big test for Arteta and this team. A win here and we will have a semblance of a winning run and with that, some confidence flowing back into the players. A defeat will set us back.

Am eager to see how we approach this game. I think Hodgson is wily enough to nullify our pressing and possession based game under Arteta. He will probably let us have the ball, defend with two banks of 4, and hit us on the counter and perhaps set pieces. Will be interesting to see how Arteta and the team adapt to the tactics from CP.

3 Likes

Think the Arteta hype train goes out of service for this stop

1 Like

Confident of a very sound victory in this one.

7 Likes

Impossible to be confident.

2-1, 80’ minute winner.

1 Like

How lol? Crystal Palace are a shit team who we regularly turn over. We’ve had 3 bad results against them on the trot (D2, L1) because we had Unai Emery at the helm.

We’ve got a better coach now, who’s clearly implementing a more progressive style of play and we should be able to walk over a team like Palace. Especially off the back of the first half against Chelsea and United.

4 Likes