Crystal Palace v Arsenal (PL)

University Challenge final tonight too @Stroller

I like the look of Reading. They seem “normal” as far as students go. They’ve already lost to the finalists they’re up against once in the earlier rounds, though…

People seem a little rattled after the Spurs’ win yesterday. I reckon tonight won’t be as easy for us but I’m confident we have enough to come away with the points.

I feel like we’re due a win where we blow the opposition away, would be great if tonight was the night, on the road and all.

2 Likes

Come on Vieira, rest zaha ffs.

I’m feeling nervy about today, but I’d say that’s distinct from any feelings I may have about Spurs or their match yesterday, as I’ve been feeling lowkey streased about this game for at least a week now lol.

Probably because this is a tough fixture in its own right, but likely still an easier one than some of the matches we have coming against our direct rivals.

Feels like a draw may be on the cards. But I felt this way before Villa I think, and probably a couple other matches, so I’m desperately hoping the boys prove me wrong once more.

With some tough fixtures coming up we really don’t wanna be dropping points tonight. If we do its obviously very far from terminal to our chances, but I’d much prefer to go into those tough remaining fixtures with confidence and points on the board, rather than going to WHL feeling like we need a win (captin obvious, granted).

Just don’t need that stress in my life lol.

I believe that we will win.

All right Chad

4 Likes
2 Likes

Why is it that when it comes to all things Arsenal I catastrophize stuff, my head telling me this is the most difficult fixture this season is totally absurd :rofl:

3 Likes

I think the timescale is a big part of it too, the long wait after an international break. Spurs filling their boots with a nice goal difference yesterday didn’t help but I suppose United and Chelsea did drop points.

Palace away is a hard fixture and if things weren’t so tight I’d advocate a draw here not being a bad result. Though every point dropped moving forward is a disaster and I can understand that.

At the very least the stress makes it exciting

2 Likes

Palace have only lost 4 of 15 at Selhurst this year. Its always a tough ground and should be rocking under the lights with a home support even more energized by their successful season so far.

I think its important for us to come out and play well from the start, like we did against Villa. Even if we don’t score immediately, just take some control of the match and the atmosphere.

If we can play our game, I think we’ll find a way to score and they don’t have enough to really hurt us without Zaha and Olise. I see a nervy win.

1 Like

Injured Isnt he.

He’s been training today apparently

fake news

You forgot night game under the lights at tough Selhurst Park :fire:

1 Like

I’m going 2-2 as well with Saka and Ødegaard to score.

2 Likes

Where the fuck is Tierney

Ffs…

What is that bench?

2 Likes

It has players on it, I can tell you that much…