Crystal Palace v Arsenal (PL)

Crystal Palace v Arsenal

Monday 2022-04-04T19:00:00Z
Selhurst Park
Premier League
Live on SkySports

Not a fan of tough away games straight after an international break. It often leads to bad performances or annoying injuries. Let’s hope we have none of that and pull of another solid away win. We need it. We’ll be without Ramsdale (probably) so Leno continues in goal. Will we see Tomiyasu make his return? Hopefully.

Result

• Crystal Palace win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win

0 voters

6-0 Arsenal

2 Likes

This one is arguably trickier than the Villa game. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we do better than a draw.

4 Likes

I reckon we’ll edge it by a goal but it’ll be very difficult.

Palace were very good when they drew at the Emirates in October.

If City can only get a draw.

I’ll happily take it

Seeing Spurs picking up form we can’t afford to drop too many points. We have to win this but Palace are a very strong side this season. I think this will be a draw unfortunately.

3 Likes

These are the sort of games that we have to win but could easily drop points in.

Like you say, spurs are in pretty good form and if anyone is going to get top four ahead of us, it’s them.

Their last two games are against Burnley and Norwich so it will be interesting to see when the NLD will be played.

We really don’t want to be going into that game needing a win.

1 Like

Match still three days away. Ffs I hate these gaps.

3 Likes

I’m pleased its on Monday tbh as tomorrow I’m off to the Scottish Grand National for the first time :grin:

6 Likes

This will be a measure of whether we’ve really progressed as much as we hope. Genuine CL contenders will get three points here more often than not but Selhurst Park can be a tough fortress to overcome.

Come 8pm on Monday I shall be glued to the television watching this.

1 Like

I just see it as extra prep time after the break for fine tuning.

2 Likes

Yeah I actually think this is by far one of our hardest games in the upcoming run in. This and Chelsea I think are the hardest to be honest.

Palace have quietly had an excellent season by all standards especially given where they were with transfers this summer and having a new coach come in, and playing them at Selhurst will be tough indeed.

I’ll actually be happy with a 0-0 because this has all the makings of a stumbling block for us.

International break, lost to Liverpool just before the break, pressure is mounting on us now as we enter the final leg of the season and we’re legit top 4 contenders, young inexperienced players having to cope with increased expectations from fans etc.

Could easily see us lose this 2-1, so I’d take a draw.

Palace have done well but I think this is a more promising game for us than the Villa one was.
We won and controlled that with a good game plan.
I think with a fully fit ESR and Saka supported by Partey controlling midfield and Odegaard getting some ball deep in Palace territory we have a significant advantage. 3 1 Arsenal.
Martinelli on the bench would be great impact to have in this game.

2 Likes

Interesting I actually think Palace have been more solid than Villa this year, but I find your confidence heartening!

1 Like

It sounds like both Zaha and Olise are big doubts for this match. That would be helpful.
A Benteke/Schlupp/Ayew trident shouldn’t scare anyone.

I think we’re a much better team than when we played them in the fall and couldn’t handle their press.

5 Likes

RIP our mentions when they all combine to score at least two goals but I agree totally. This version of Arsenal is well able to handle that.

4 Likes

This game is tricky @Cristo , but I still see Spurs and West ham away as harder.

2 Likes

Interesting, I see Chelsea as our hardest game.

I think the pressure will get to West Ham.

Spurs - the NLD: anything can happen. Doesn’t matter if they’re the best team in the world or the worst, form doesn’t matter with the NLD.

But I can definitely see where you’re coming from, as I’d also have said that West Ham and Spurs would be two of our hardest games.

Oh Chelsea away is the hardest.

What has me a bit concerned is, the last decade of history with the NLD suggests the away side doesn’t win.

1 Like

The last time we played Crystal Palace in April with top 4 in our hands this happened.

Look at the fucking state of that team lol

3 Likes