Cryptocurrency (nonce dollars)

I don’t like the guy at all but you gotta hand it to him, there’ll be a fierce competition in the electric vehicle sector in the future, but Tesla will already have a major head start with their current market cap over GM, Renault and other automakers, if it’s used adequately in R&D rather than distributed as dividends.

2 Likes

Cunt or not, he is a genius

Had his hand in and made billions with:

PayPal
Space x
Solar city
Tesla

You don’t even need to invest in Tesla which did 3000% in ten years.

Imagine you invest 5 dollars a day. Price of a Starbucks coffee. That’s 1850 a year.

With a growth of 35% a year you’ll be a millionaire in 10 years.

Invest 2000 a year in stocks that have a minimum growth of 30-50%, in 10 years or even sooner you’ll be a millionaire. So, safe stocks like Apple, Microsoft, alphabet, Disney etc. Tech tech tech.

I have been doing this for a while. You don’t need to take my word for it, just trying to help a little. But invest at your own risk and do your own research, always.

4 Likes

Alt season well and truly happening. Basically been green every day since new year

3 Likes

Which platform are you using mate, coinbase?

I think it’s already late for me to jump on the bandwagon smh.

Nah I think Bitcoin has a long way to go. My dad read an analysis that it could hit 136k as millennials are treating it as an alternative investment like Gold.

I’ll be investing in a few weeks/couple months once I’ve got a bit more free cash flow.

2 Likes

It’s binance

2 Likes

I don’t get your maths at all. Maybe I’m tired at the end of work and misreading you but

Year 1: 1,850 x 135% = 2497.5
Year 2: (2,497.5 + 1850 ) x 135% = 5,869.125
Year 3: (5,869 + 1,850) x 135% = 10,420.818

And so on year 10 = 136,338

So unless I’m missing something your still more than a 7x away from becoming a millionaire in your scenario.

And taking your apple example in 2011 it was around $12.45 early jan it’s now around $131 an increase of 1052% (which is still a long way shy of 1489% which is from 35% yearly returns over a 10 yr period)

So to be a millionaire after 10 years you’d have needed to invest about 95k

I use binance. It is the largest crypto exchange. I used coinbase in the past.

On the note of bitcoin. The thing is this: there is likely a pullback going to happen. I don’t believe all the bullish sentiment that it is going up up up. This run looks identical to the run we had in 2017. It coincides with the halving of BTC that happened around a year ago. The halving happens every 3/4 years, which means BTC is getting more and more expensive.

I read every day on this. I read all the articles saying it will go up to 100k this year etc. Look, it is possible, I don’t think it is probable.

Rule number one in investing: buy lows, sell highs. You are stepping in now is stepping in at its All Time High. You can be lucky and it indeed continues now to go up. But it is a gamble.

Will BTC be 100k ever? 100% it will be. I am just not sure if that will be this year. Or in 3 years.

You see, I don’t want you or anyone to lose their money, that is why I am cautious in providing advice that states|: buy buy buy.

Because that is not what successful investors do. Also use stop-losses to risk manage your funds.

Both Ethereum and Bitcoin have very bullish forecasts. From my experience, a retrace must happen - perhaps not as much as in the past, because of more institutional money as well.

Just do your own research.

If you buy now to hold and cash out in 5 years. You will be good and be in big plus. If you are hoping for a quick 10x I think that train left already this time around and I advise to wait for a pullback before entering.

I could be wrong, but so far I have been pretty decent with my predictions.

4 Likes

Sorry mate, I just wanted to give a quick broad illustration of how investing can grow your money.

You are right - the way to become a millionaire in my previous calculations is based on a period of 20 years.

Cheers mate, I always do my due diligence before investing, so I got a lot of reading to do on the subject before committing to anything, I won’t buy Bitcoin because I believe that ship has sailed and it’s too expensive now, If i ever feel like buying, It’ll be a somewhat cheap and rising crypto, keeping in mind to never buy more than you can afford to lose, it’s a highly speculative market, and I tend to stay clear of that.

1 Like

That is the right mind set mate!

As for BTC. Not necessarily too late if you would hold long term and have nerves of steel when the market dips below your entry point.

People who bought in 2017 at ATH would now have doubled their money after all. The problem is, most people buy, see a market crash and their money lost and sell. That way the loss is permanent. If they had held, they would be back in profit now. And stop losses help manage the losses you could suffer when a market crash happens.

In any case, long term, I think even now BTC makes sense.

Satoshis are the smallest original subunit of Bitcoin. Say you own half a bitcoin, that is 0.5 BTC. So you can own any amount of bitcoin in subunits.

When the halving is finished and the max supply reached, bitcoin could reach 1 million per coin, then 1 satoshi would reach parity with 1 cent. Becoming a de facto currency.

That sounds wild. But 5 years ago: 1 BTC worth 35.000 USD sounded wild too.

2 Likes

Anyone mined with graphics cards?

40k boys

2 Likes

Hah! Didn’t think it would be that quick.

1 Like

The market right now is bananas
Still All green

I am also in Tesla it hit 800 today

Yeah all of my shares are up, been a good year for me. My portfolio is currently up 29% since March, which is pretty decent. Crazy year for the markets.

I have one share that is currently down a few percent and doesn’t look like it’s moving any time soon so I’m tempted to crystallise that loss and just put it into Bitcoin and enjoy the ride down to $10k as soon as I hit “Trade” :joy:

Fuck me, the bullish trend isn’t gonna end anytime soon, is it? the fear of missing out is controlling the market more than anything now.

If I can give you one traditional stock tip, look into NIO. It went 1400% up since March and it’s traded on the New York stock exchange.

It’s a Chinese EV and anticipated as the main Tesla competition in China. It’s around 53 usd now. I am heavily invested in it. It still has crazy room for expansion since it just started.

It’s NIO’s first year on the exchange. Imagine NIO in 10 years. Tesla did insane in 10 years.

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeep.

It’s been a crazy bull market for 10 years and it just doesn’t look like stopping any time soon.

Yeah I’ve heard a lot about NIO, didn’t it have a significant fall recently due to some sketchy news out of China? I’m a bit more reluctant on that one as I saw what happened to Nikola.

I’m already heavily invested in Palantir, so I don’t know how many other WSB stocks I have the nerves to be in.

I’ve also got a fair bit in a hydrogen company, they’ve done so well over the last year and Hydrogen is basically the next Oil so I’m betting heavy on that in the future.

1 Like