Cryptocurrency (nonce dollars)

This is NIO’s entire chart since its start.

It had a drop but look at the totality… crazy.

Fair do, that is pretty nuts. Can’t really compare that to Nikola haha

I’ll be honest I am not informed on Nikola

Nikola are an American EV/hydrogen Truck company - so they make electric trucks and lorries basically, and they basically went the same way as Nio and Tesla for a couple of years.

Until a few months ago, when it was proven that the truck in their latest promo video wasn’t moving of its own accord, it had just been pushed down a hill and filmed :joy: the company had to admit it, the CEO and Founder had to step down, the SEC launched an investigation, complete shit show. This was already after Amazon had made a 100,000 unit order :joy:

Share tanked from $80 to $17 where it is now lol Does look like there’s a recovery coming for them but really fucked their reputation.

In any case they went from like $7 a share to $80 in the span of 3-4 months earlier this year before the video scandal.

1 Like

That is just funny. What were they thinking :arteta:

Thanks for the info. I’ll look into it but yeah by the looks of it not something I would considering investing in now :smile:

1 Like

Well, $17 could be a discount in some ways. They’re basically the only EV/hydrogen long haul vehicle manufacturer.

They just don’t have a functioning product yet :arteta:

1 Like

You can compare nio and Tesla to huawei and apple

Look at their cars, look like Tesla: https://www.nio.com/

Huawei basically copied Apple and is now biggest cell phone company in China

1 Like

Anyone any insights on why ripple is up about 60% today?

Apparently there’s a court case against the SEC that they could win.

It’s on whether Ripple is an actual cryptocurrency or just more of an investment in Rippe as a company.

Apparently either outcome is potentially very good news for Ripple.

Great for my 290 units of XRP I bought 3 years ago that have been down like 80% since then :joy:

1 Like

Pretty sure I have Ripple somewhere too. Just need to find it lol.

Edit: got 100 units from ages ago. Not that much but something at least.

1 Like

To the mooooooooon :rocket: :rocket:

Still don’t feel ripple at all, but glad for those who hold it that it is going back up.

This bull cycle I think the strongest contenders for good gains are: btc, eth, polka dot, link, polka starter, kusama, sushiswap and a lot of defi (decentralized finance) projects.

1 Like

I’m a long term xrp holder so I’ll share my 2zerps. This is a classic pump and dump that’s supposedly being coordinated from reddit. Basically there’s money to be made here depending on how long this frenzy lasts. Apparently everyone is meant to buy tomorrow at 1.30pm, but of you know the masses are going to buy on a set date, why wouldn’t you buy now? That’s what’s driving the large gains.

In saying that, XRP is still very undervalued because of the SEC suit. XRP should easily be around 75 to 90 cents based on where the crypto market is. So if you have a long term view, even buying now should still provide some decent upside over the course of the year.

The sec lawsuit itself I think is pretty bullshit. None of their arguments really make sense and Ripples set of lawyers seem competent enough to win. The case stars on 22 Feb and we should know how things will turn out.

2 Likes

For those looking to diverse. Check out HBAR.

Ada flying. Glad I got some in my bag.

Hugely significant for crypto and blockchain technology.

Huge but reckless

How so?

• Bitcoin is an old methodology and there are better versions which can be invested in which helps the technology as well as monetization. Currently the investment is in hype, rather than the actual ledger utility of cryptocurrency.
  • For a major brand to accept bitcoin as a currency, is the regulatory system in place to manage the taxation? how is the tax assumed?
    Will Tesla be taxed at the time of transaction when bitcoin valuation was at point A or at the end of the year when bitcoin valuation was point B?
  • Currency is usually static and the product you purchase is proportionate to that fixed value. 10 dollar in 1990 will fetch a larger portion of food, while 10 dollar now will only serve a single meal, Whereas Bitcoin is reverse.
    Which would mean people would be less willing to let go of Bitcoins. Less willingness to spend, less circulation.

Some points off my head and I am sure tons of issues trying to push bitcoin as a currency so soon.
I guess Elon Musk is just trying to push the digital era.

3 Likes

It’s his money, or money he has been entrusted with at least. Can do whatever he wants really.