Cristiano Ronaldo

He’ll be gunning for the CL before league titles in lesser leagues.

You can never win the CL enough times

2 Likes

He’s a player at the absolute top of the game, I don’t think he cares about stocking on league titles. Whatever you say about him he thrives on the CL and the knockout versus big teams.

All this said PSG don’t have room for him either, I just cant see them spending big on his wages when they have Neymar and Mbappe on their books

1 Like

If that were the case, he shouldn’t have move to Juventus

Why? Especially since this is a team that’s made the final in the last few years we’re talking about.

Also they were probably the only top team with a realistic shot that was in for him at the time.

1 Like

Well on one side you have a club with three consecutive CL victories and 4 in 5 yearsand overall 13 times - most in CL history.
On other side you have a club which has won it twice, last time in 96.

You do the math. Should have stayed with Real if CL is only driving factor for him.

1 Like

Staying at Real was never an option because he fell out with Perez

That relationship was no longer the same.

He more chance winning the CL with PSG than he does Juventus imo

3 Likes

When did this happen?

Exactly. If PSG comes in, he has as much chance of winning the CL and also gets to add another league title to his honours.
If PSG comes in, it’s an obvious move for him.

Obviously.

The point is it would be incredibly difficult to pry him away from Juve even if they did want him, this rumour is clickbait in the extreme

@Trion: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/29/cristiano-ronaldo-left-real-madrid-president-florentino-perez-juventus

Just something to talk about during the off season haha. No one is taking it as serious as you on here. :joy:

3 Likes

To be fair, Guardian is a shitty source. :eyes:

Tbh I remember reading Spanish sources at the time saying the same thing. No other reason why he would throw a strop after winning a european cup lol

Ronaldo is a psychopath. He would do anything to have an edge on Messi. If that is winning the UCL with 3 different teams then so be it.

By the way, this reaction of his resurfaced and is going viral.

This is back from his early days at Juve in 2018/2019. This is trademark Ronaldo, getting upset over the most minor things and using to as fuel for motivation.

2 Likes

What was it about?

I think he got a red against Valencia in the group stages of Champions League.

Never seen a club worship a player more than this. In the match against Lyon, Ronaldo got pissed at some point and went back to win possession for Juve as none of the Juve players were particularly interested. Anyway, he slipped once, almost snapped his ankle in half but he did manage to win the ball. The reaction from the Juventus bench was insane. You would think he made a fucking goal clearance or something.

1 Like

It’s the passion he has and the willingness to fight to the end rather than give up like the rest. It is what separates him and Messi from the rest

Not looking to argue about this but for me CR7 is the GOAT.

Perfect blend of physical attributes and the will to win, that actually produces trophies

4 Likes

That’s a poor post IMO

Ronaldo in the some of the biggest games in his career (finals) has been found wanting individually, Messi in each of his three CL final wins he was MOTM.

Ramos has been much more clutch in the biggest games for Real than Ronaldo and even in the Euros he was fairly poor and had no part in the final.

Messi may be better.

But Ronaldo’s mentality is ELITEEEE