Cristiano Ronaldo

Safe to re-enter @Ocke

1 Like

Best of luck to him.

It can be really scary opening up to someone youā€™re attracted to and I do think there are some cultural or societal factors at play.

Iā€™ll never forget when I had a MH emergency and had to go see my doctor. My then-gf had to drive me because I didnā€™t have a car. Having to explain to her that I had to go see a doctor right now because I needed a Rx for meds was really scary. She easily could have walked away or (worse imo*) mocked me or questioned why a real man would need something like that.

But if you find the right person Iā€™ve found it much easier to open up to them.

(I personally think that youā€™ve got one chance to open up to a woman when youā€™re dating. Iā€™ve been in situations where Iā€™ve tried opening up and kinda been dismissed. We stayed together for a while but after that I knew I just couldnā€™t trust that person completely.)

No itā€™s not lol

1 Like

Simon Jordan and Jim White were actually talking about this during the World Cup. Apparently that was the talk when they were chatting to football people there.
Marca is a shit source but I wouldnā€™t put it past the Saudis to have presented Ronaldo a way back into Europe.

Whatā€™s funny is that if he goes on loan now in Europe, his pay will stay as is.
Al-Nassr got the publicity they wanted.
They gained millions of followers, sold millions of shirts and now have European providers querying about broadcasting their matches.

Could he potentially move again before the window closes? Heā€™s got his money, thereā€™s still plenty of time left in the month for someone to do something stupid.

You never know but I doubt it. I think Ronaldo would only care about the CL now if he considered returning to Europe. Newcastle ainā€™t there so thereā€™s no point. He can go statpad in the Saudi League for a few months now and enjoy life.

Nah heā€™d have played for 3 clubs in one season then. Not allowed.

2 Likes

Has he played for Al Nassr yet?

Nah but heā€™s contracted to them. Think they go off whether theyā€™re signed to a contract or not

In accordance with FIFA Regulations a Player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to different associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer / autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

Does this mean Ronaldo is covered because his contract with Man Utd was mutually terminated?

This feels like a loophole thing. I donā€™t see it though. FIFA would have to investigate this if it happens because that would be such scammy way of sportwashing, in plain sight too.

1 Like

Cheers. I feel like Defoe or maybe Bent was mooted as maybe moving twice in one window but a third time in the season a while back. Such a weird rule.

1 Like

If he signs for Newcastle to play in the CL it will be for next season.

I think Joshā€™s answer was regarding this:

2 Likes

Ah I missed that, soz @Josh

2 Likes

Sick to death of all this bollocks. The sun will still come up in the morning.

1 Like

Does he actually think anybody believes this? I donā€™t doubt he had offers but I guarantee none came from any ā€œtopā€ club

1 Like

Why didnā€™t he then? Lol. This talk of him leaving United to join a UCL club is proven to be bollocks then even by himself. He gone for the blood money, end of. Fuck this prick.

3 Likes

200m a season could be a reason lol

So heā€™s a liar then?