Cristiano Ronaldo

And I’d rather we don’t commit long term on a player out of panic.
I voted No because I simply don’t think it’s realistic for Arteta and Ronaldo to come into an agreement on his role in the team. Even if they initially do, there’s no guarantees that stays the case.
More importantly, I think the Ronaldo signing could create problems with Nketiah and Jesus.
Nketiah probably expects the club to give him a chance, and Jesus would want that #9 spot when he comes back from injury. Then you have Ronaldo’s ego who’ll want to start every match possible and that’s a recipe for distaster.

I personally think the most likely scenario is this puts even more pressure on the club signing a winger and Martinelli will be shifted centrally if and when needed.

Would - yes

Would he? - no

Who’s “he”?
Ronaldo or Teta?

@sevchenko ready for that “Hear me out”…

1 Like

To instantly dismiss it is crazy especially if it’s a very skinny 6 month deal

No one on here is going to convince me Eddie and no other signings will be better moving forward than bringing in CR7

Come at me

2 Likes

So would I, but is he available?

I’m sure he would come to us as our stock is high and Juventus are in disarray.

Cost may be higher than what we paid for Jesus. Juve sell high and buy low.

Tbf, we still don’t know the ramifications of the investigation.

Ronaldo

It should and can be easily dismissed

Just like United how does he genuinely improve our side or allow us to play the football we have been cultivating?

And aside from that he’s a toxic delusional Prima donna who doesn’t realise his time is up.

You’re big on discipline, teamwork etc and you’re advocating bringing in someone who believes that he is bigger than any club he’d sign for.

7 Likes

My only concern is whether or not his goals have dried up. Attitude-wise, with a chance to stick it to United and win Arsenal the league, that’ll take care of itself. A confirmation of a 6-month deal and a lot of nay-sayers will be won round the minute he signs the contract. It’s just the way we are as fans.

1 Like

Is that the choice though? Ronaldo or nobody?

Yes. So decide, please

I mean Ronaldo can’t do the role we use, it’s been pretty obvious since day one when Arteta took over that we play the way we play no matter what the squad is like.

Ronaldo does something entirely different on the pitch. Messi, sure, he can probably still fill that role somewhat well at the age of 35, Ronaldo I don’t think so… we’d have to change the way we play and theb we could’ve just kept Auba and put him central up front.

I’d rather we sign some tier 2 spaniard at the age of 32 on a year who can do this adequately by nature, if that’s not an option we might as well go big for a real 2nd option striker long term, hard as it might be in the Jan window.

2 Likes

If we sign no-one (which I hope to God we do), I’d like to think we can recall Balogun and/or Biereth back from being on loan

Anyone wanting Arsenal not to compete for the title should vote yes

1 Like

Arteta has built a team with group of young players who are all pulling together.

If there is one player that could undo all that work, it’s Ronaldo.
He plays for himself, he 's not happy sitting on the bench and he’s a disruptive influence.

2 Likes

If the choice is Ronaldo or nobody, I’d opt Ronaldo.

The great man just doesn’t fit our high pressing style.

1 Like

Just to fuck everything up Arteta has been achieving so far for an old crock who couldn’t fit in the team anywhere on insane wages I’d rather we bring back Auba and Ozil and resurrect Van Persie.

3 Likes

You don’t though! C. Ron would score ten plus goals. Some of them being clutch. It would increase our chances of winning something and imagine what the youngsters could learn off arguably the game’s greatest player.

I don’t actually want him for reasons mentioned earlier and this transfer isn’t going to happen for so many reasons but let’s not act like he isn’t still on of the world’s best forwards.

1 Like

He’s not

1 Like