Cricket

This test match between South Africa and India has been some decent viewing.

1 Like

Beautiful weather in Melbourne today for Day 5 of the Boxing Day test.

2 Likes

Yes and today should be an interesting last day.

In other news, Virat Kohli just completed a second calendar year in succession without an international 100 to his name. There are questions being raised on his drive, commitment and dedication to cricket post his marriage and then becoming a father. I feel heā€™s not able to maintain his concentraion levels for long periods anymore. Whatever is it, 2 years is just too long a period for a world class batsmen to not score a test 100.

Maybe Dravid can help him rediscover his mojo cause these are his peak years as a batsman and he really should be dominating the game like Root is.

2 Likes

I think heā€™s just past his peak.

It happens, the guy was mega and unstoppable for almost a decade, but itā€™s been like 10 years now since he first came on to the scene and was smashing it.

In a high pressure situation his mentality will allow him to deliver but I donā€™t think he is the Kohli of 2012-2018 anymore.

Anyways congrats on the big win!

1 Like

I am not a fan of Kohli, mostly because of his on field antics and his general ā€œin your faceā€, ā€œheart on sleeveā€ sort of personality. Too abrasive for a captain IMO. But he has some qualities that I do admire. He is a fighter and will just not give up, and he is very strong mentally. If anyone can bounce back and have an absolute stellar 2022, it would be him.

The question is, does he still have the hunger and desire to be the best?

As for the win against South Africa, yeah, itā€™s another big win for this Indian team away from home, on a ground that is considered a fortress. But not as big a win as those against Australia, with a depleted squad.

1 Like

Great news for England.

Rain predicted every day of the Sydney test, this should very well allow you to lose 4-0 instead of 5-0.

1 Like

I think we should be allowed to play 20 of our squad in the next two tests. Will make it very hard for you to score a run through the maze of fielders and weā€™ll score at least 200 when we bat.

Itā€™ll be much more enjoyable to watch.

1 Like

Weā€™ve managed to play 4 overs so far. Come on the rain, be heavier and harder for longer!

Youā€™ve already lost the ashes, you needed this 3 tests ago.

Weā€™re playing for respect now though. We canā€™t lose 5-0.

Aside from your series win in 10/11, your record here in my lifetime is 3-3-27 :joy:

Iā€™m off to the pub with mates to hopefully watch Smith make a century.

USMAN CUNT CLEAN DEPTH

https://twitter.com/jonathanliew/status/1479119869144547340?s=21

:ramsdale:

1 Like

What a chase from SA

1 Like

Deserved victory and massive victory.

Iā€™m all for cricket being rain delayed if it means I can watch Alistair Cook more. He gets better looking with age.

Yes, setā€™s the third and final game up very nicely indeed. Some question marks on the Indian batting, will they change it for the final test (I doubt it) or will the veterans come good. Itā€™s another question being asked of the this team in foreign conditions. Letā€™s see if they can find answers like they have been doing over the last few years.

Hameed bloody useless again. Not sure Burns is any better but canā€™t see the point of continuing with Hameed. Surely we can find an opener somewhere!!

Burns isnā€™t any better imo.