Cricket

I know our record in Australia isn’t good, but we haven’t even given a good account of ourselves. So useless. It’s bloody embarrassing. Should have just faked COVID and not bothered going.

1 Like

Is this how we get a draw? :eyes:

1 Like

Knowing Australia thats them locked up till 2023 now

1 Like

Hahahaha yeah.

Apparently all good though, just a family member so the bed wetting Aussies are allowing the match to continue.

1 Like

Australia being all out for 267 isn’t a disaster. Shame to lose 2 early wickets in our second innings though. Need a big score from Root here.

1 Like

@Aussiegooner didn’t you have tickets for today. You been short changed if you did.

1 Like

Even worse mate, I had tickets for tomorrow.

Absolutely pathetic England, I’ll know not to book tickets day 4 in 2025.

2 Likes

Fucking embarrassing

It was a really pointless Ashes tour. This is Englands worst test team in a long time and they’re not remotely competitive at a top level especially on foreign soil. We were always on for a hammering and not good enough to make the Aussies bat more than once most of the time.

Only Root is a genuine test batsman, we don’t have a proper test level spinner and Broad and Anderson are in their twilight zone with no top level medium/fast replacements to fill their boots.

My frustration is that the English cricket authorities continue to treat red ball cricket like it is an after thought so this won’t change. For me it is the highest level of the game.

3 Likes

Unless you can find 2 bats in the next 18 months that can average 40 + in tests alongside Root then I think we’ll win in England in 2023.

I’m still spewing we only retained the ashes in 2019 btw as opposed to winning the series outright.

1 Like

BTW @Stroller it wasn’t all bad, I had some mates at mine yesterday, cricket on, Beers flowing and pizza delivered.

I am spewing I’ll miss going though, didn’t go last year with severely capped crowds vs India also. I’m hoping to make up for it by potentially attending a test in England 2023 as it’s something I always wanted to do. The end of that series also coincides with the start of EPL so maybe I can kill two birds with 1 stone and fit some Arsenal games in also.

2 Likes

Come Pakistan next spring bruh.

No Covid restrictions there :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Phoebica prediction of ashes victory in the mud

2 Likes

I didn’t mean this year, just one day

1 Like

That’s worthy of an award for Burns, 6 ducks for an opener is fitting of being awarded with a bat with a hole in it.

2 Likes

2010/2011 was that day, it’ll never happen again down here in your lifetime.

Birmingham City won the League Cup. It’s great to see the little teams stick it to the big guns.

Oh, wait…

2 Likes

Great player. Big big reason India are the no. 1 test team in the world at the moment.

Shame he gets the Saka/Rash/Sancho treatment on steroids from the awful Bakhts the minute he has a bad day

1 Like

Our only consolation is the perpetual lockdown aussies face, otherwise your test team will batter us for the foreseeable :grin:

Teaches the ECB a big lesson for prioritising the white ball game when all the prestige remains in test cricket. It really is scary how far we are behind India and Australia right now

1 Like

2 Likes