Cricket

Is the 2nd test in Chennai also ?

England :clap:

Yup. One more in Chennai and then 2 in Ahmedabad.

Also that table above is deceptive. England can only qualify for the final only if they win the series 2-0, 3-1 or 4-0. If the series is drawn or Eng win 2-1, then Australia qualify. India has to win the series outright to make it to the final vs. NZ.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Wish it could be a India vs England final.

Australia and NZ probably wouldn’t citing the mutant covid variant.

Didn’t realize that even 2-0 won’t be enough for England.
Not playing the SA series turned out to be a blessing for the Aussies.

We don’t deserve to qualify.

England in trouble here, bad toss to lose, think @Varunn called it.

2 Likes

All out for 134. Not even as many runs as Sharma got on his own :flushed:

Pitch really tough and suited Ashwin big time, horrid toss to lose for England.

2 Likes

Unlucky for me my wife chose to sleep in this morning so I could watch this. When we restricted India to 329 I felt we had a chance of Root taking us past them and game on. The only good thing for us has been Foakes in this game and possibly Stone as another pace option.

Losing toss a bit of a killer but clearly outplayed by the India bowlers when we batted. Looks like a very exciting series in the making going into the third and fourth tests. Just hope we win the next tosses so we can bat first.

1 Like

No chance that the team batting second surpasses the first inning score. Sharma’s innings and Ashwin’s opening spell is the difference between the two sides.

On another note, absolutely hate these dust bowls. In their eagerness to make the wicket favour the home team, they create absolutely garbage pitches line this. Kills the game as a contest and becomes an exercise in survival against spin for the visiting teams. I hope the BCCI shows some balls and makes more competitive wickets in the future series, especially given the strength of the fast bowling now.
If Shami, Umesh/ Bhuvi were fit, we’d have got better wickets, like in the South Africa series.

2 Likes

Think that’s right and seems winning the toss was the only chance we had to be competitive but even so Ashwin and Rohit have been exceptional with England poor at times.

Root has been unbelievable this winter so another big 100 could’ve got us in it. Root also been the biggest factor in our 3 wins this winter and as soon as he failed we’ve fallen apart.

99.5 percent chance that India take it to 1-1 and only a miracle such as 2.5 days of thunder storms or 2 days of England batting survival saves us and neither of those seems remotely possible.

This test has been frenetic, into the third innings on day 2!

Feel like Kohli will want to make a statement when he comes into bat. He definitely wants to outscore Root in this series

I still prefer watching cricket on these dustbowls compared to Australia’s drop ins that look like they’d still play favourably on day 10.

1 Like

West Indies record thrilling consecutive test wins against Bangladesh.

1 Like

Looking like a close to 500 run chase for England

I’m confident though :sweat_smile:

That was some sort of innings by Ashwin.

Awkward AF. But this is the 3rd occassion where he has taken a 5fer and scored a ton in the same match.

English batsmen look scared of the pitch. Seeing demons where there are none. Sibley just missed standard pitched up ball.
Looks like the game could be over by lunch tomorrow unless Root gets stuck in.

1 Like

:grimacing: