Cricket

I never expected those bastards to do anything ffs.

Gave us some hope of a miracle after their awful performance earlier then obviously it wasn’t going to be enough.

The top order are a bunch of bottling pricks.

Edit 2: just saw Fawad Alam got a century, what a lovely moment for him after 11 years out the team.

1 Like

NZ currently the no 1 test side, they have impressive results since since 2017 but they have played 8 of their last 11 series at home and I’m not sure how serious I can take it after the 3-0 belting we gave them in Australia 12 months ago.

Unexpected draw. Need to thank Tim Payne for his contributions. Dropped 3 chances and thought the captaincy in the 1st and 2nd sessions was rubbish.

Brisbane should be a walk in the park for Australia though. I don’t think we have a fit 11 in the squad. Jadeja, Bumrah, Vihari and Rahul all injured in the last 5 days to add to the already injured Shami, Umesh and Kohli missing.

1 Like

Pathetic from us really.

Fair play to the Indians, they showed great application today.

:laughing:

2 Likes

I hope politically correct agendas don’t stamp that sort of banter out of cricket.

England giving Sri Lanka a good old fashioned touch up in the 1st test in Sri Lanka.

An injury hit Indian bowling attack performed admirably against us at the Gabba yesterday restricting us to 270-5 or so. Think this test will be a draw though with lots of rain forecast, which will be a diabolical result for us given India will retain the trophy with a drawn series.

Double century for Joe Root. Nice.

Sri Lanka are that bad they’re even letting Root find his form of 3 years ago.

Shame QLD storms of ruining what would be a fantastic run chase end the series with India needing 328 for victory.

Haven’t seen a huge amount of the Aussie India test match (given timings) but looks like it’s been a bit of a classic. Watching the end now, can’t believe you’re going to lose to this side at the Gabba!

1 Like

Shattered.

Reckon I’d turn for Pat Cummins though, what a man.

2 Likes

Aus 2 bowlers averaging 20 for the series.

But no one else under 40.

India 5 bowlers under 30.

Ashwin and Jadeja 19-450
Lyon 9-500

Well done to all the Indians on here, injury hit away from home great character to win.

We simply had had too many passengers and left to much to to few.

I don’t want to see Harris, Wade, Paine, Starc or Lyon start the series in South Africa.

1 Like

What an amazing display of grit, determination and the will to win against all odds by this young, inexperienced Indian team, against the world’s best team, at their home. No one expected them to pull off a win at the Gabba, let alone win the series after the debacle at Adelaide. But it seems with every adversity they faced, they got stronger and stronger. To play the last test with a bowling unit that barely had played 5 tests between them, with none of them starting the first test, and yet winning the match, speaks volumes of the scale of this achievement.

I don’t think even the staunchest of Indian supporters went into day 5 at the Gabba, thinking about winning in spite of the fight and spirit this team has shown through the 2nd and 3rd test and most of the 4th. But they defied the odds once again, not settling for a draw, going after the Aussies, putting them under pressure, and in the end, romping home to perhaps the most famous of wins. This has been a true team win, with different players coming to the fore, taking responsibility and contributing to this success.

While India has won the series, one can’t help but feel, Test Cricket is the true winner.

3 Likes

Congrats to the Indians, they can really dominate test cricket for the next decade going by this result.

Tim Paine lol, what a clown.

I still think when done right Test Cricket is the greatest sport on earth, nothing beats a classic like a classic test match, just wish we weren’t on the wrong side of it lol.

5 Likes

Absolutely incredible scenes. A lot of the credit has to go to Rahane for the captaincy and credit to him for his performance in the Melbourne test that started the turnaround.

But for me the difference between the teams was Tim Paine’s captaincy and keeping. He has been incredibly naive all series and the tactics in the last 2 tests was was baffling.

@Aussiegooner Do you think he’ll lose the captaincy and who will be the next one? Despite Cummins being vice captain, I can’t see him getting the gig full time and won’t be surprised if they gave it back to Smith.

2 Likes

What an incredible final test match. Sport at its absolute finest. From being nervous about losing on the last day, to a historic win.

Can’t believe we did that after the 36 run embarrassment in the opening test. What a turnaround. What character from the young players.

2 Likes

Do I think he should lose the captaincy yes ? Absolutely yes, personally think it was his poor captaincy at times that stopped us from winning a series we really should have won in England in 2019 ( yes I know it was a drawn series and we retained the ashes ) but we really should have won the series outright.

This series just gone, no disrespect to India they were fantastic given all the troubles and deserved victory but we really should have won that series and again Rahane leading Paine a merry dance captaincy wise played a huge part.

I’d give captaincy to Cummins or Smith, I just love everything about Cummins the only worry is would it be all to much for the big fast bowler to be captain ? If the answer is yes then it should go back to Smith. Either way it shouldn’t be Paine.

As for the team only Laba, Smith, Cummins and Hazelwood should consider themselves absolute locks starters for the next test match we play hopefully in South Africa. Although Warner is still our best opener, I like young Pucovski and I’d persist with young Cam Green.

Do I think he’ll lose the captaincy ? No I don’t, Langer will keep his job, he loves Paine and I think it’s a bit of a boys club. The only changes I think will happen are, Harris out for Pucovski ( only got a game due to Pucovski injury anyways ) and Wade will make way for another bat at no 5.

1 Like

Another thing that’s probably hard for me is I didn’t see us lose a home series for about 15 years from 93-2008, since then we’ve had India do it twice now, SA a couple of times and England once in 10-11.

the first series I remember was a narrow home series loss to the WI in 92/93 with a young Brian Lara making 277 in Sydney in one of the best innings I’ve seen, then I didn’t see us lose a home series until I was about 22 when South Africa beat us in 08/09 spearheaded by Dale Steyn.