Cricket

What a collapse from the Aussies

Big time collapse from us, lucky Iā€™m not to phased by 20/20 cricket.

Itā€™s happening againā€¦

Yeah FFS 2-130 when I got woken up by Echo, now 6-147 :rage:

8-166 now :ozil:

I see England was 8-149 also and you made 230 :rage:

56-4, chasing 303 :ozil:

1 Like

:clap:t3: Yes Aussies

1 Like

Yeah I bragged too soon on that one :facepalm:

1 Like

The big show and Alex Carey :goat:

Watching a doco on Australian cricket following the Cape Town incident up until the Ashes last year, really good viewing.

Kohli only playing the first test in Australia this summer then heading back home for the birth of his child.

2 years ago when India beat us at home for the first time we didnā€™t have Smith, this time theyā€™ll be without Kohli for the bulk of the series. Iā€™d be surprised if they do it again.

India bowled out for 36 in Adelaide with no one reaching double figures, remarkable days test match cricket.

Absolutely shameful. Shastri needs to walk and India seriously needs to reconsider the middle order. Rahane has been a passenger for years, Pujaraā€™s ineffective batting hurts the side.
Take nothing away from the Aussie bowlers though. Hazlewood was unplayable. Thatā€™s the series done I am afraid.

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame Virat is returning home, love watching the best players in the world play.

Always great competitive banter between Kohli and the Australians also.

1 Like

Not after inflicting serious damage on his own side though.

His petty politics has comes in the way of the side too often. First ousting Kumble and now leaving Rohit and Ishant out cause they donā€™t fit in his clique.

Heā€™s a great individual player, but his ego is far bigger than him and heā€™s let personal success get to his head. Thatā€™s one of the reasons why he has never won anything significant as captain

I wasnā€™t aware he had personal issues with Rohit and Ishant, so thatā€™s the reason they arenā€™t currently playing ?

Last time I saw Pant in Australia he looked really good, do you think he should be in as the keeper ?

Rohit has been angling for captaincy in limited overs for 2-3 odd years now and that hasnā€™t sat well with Kohli. The issue is that Rohit has proven to be by far the better captain.

Rohit and Ishant both got injured during the IPL and it was a convenient excuse to leave them out. But Rohit even came back in the IPL and got the MOTM in the final. After the initial exclusion from the tour, he was included in the test squad and it was reported that heā€™d travel with the squad, but then apparently was asked to return home to regain his fitness. This meant that he could only participate in the last two tests owing to the lack of flights and Australiaā€™s 14 day quarantine rule. No one including the team management knows who ordered Rohit to return home from the bio bubble in UAE.

Ishant was declared fit about 20 days ago, but was was not reconsidered. Incidentally both Mayank Agarwal and Saha had similar injuries and missed the later part of the tournament, but both were included in the travelling party.

He has been in terrible batting form over the last year. TBF to him, he did score a century in the warm-up game, but there is also the reality that he is a terrible keeper, so wonā€™t displaced Saha unless it is a dead rubber.

Iyer, Gill and Rahul should all be in the playing 11 in the next game and itā€™s a shame Pandya canā€™t bowl, heā€™d have been a handy all rounder

2 Likes

Boxing Day Test match has been a nightmare for us so far. Only make 195 and then drop 5 catches in the field when itā€™s our turn to bowl.

1 Like

Pakistan nearly held on for a draw @Electrifying