Cricket

It’d be really great if we could stop dropping catches. How many times have we done that today? 3?

I’m praying for rain rain rain and more rain so we can get the draw

Let’s hope we can learn to bowl Smith out at the Oval

1 Like

It’s 114am and I need to be up at 6am for work, but I’m tempted to stay up to see if he gets 200.

There’s always time for work, but a player of Smith’s calibre might not be seen in our lifetime again. Give it a go, man.

1 Like

You can go to bed now

He’s getting on my nerves now :unamused:

Starc gets 16 off 4 :arteta:

Just not your day.

I know it’s common knowledge by now, but Smith might just be the batsman they’ll still be talking about in a hundred years time. Unless something happens out of the blue, the guy has put his team into a position from where they probably won’t loose now. Over to England. Fascinating watch.

2 Likes

Shame for us rain forecast for the first half of day 3, should get a pretty good run at it after that for the rest of the Test match.

Steve Smith is just unbelievable, makes runs home and away vs all opposition in all conditions. He’s not as easy on the eye as some of the bats in our great teams, Ponting etc but he’s certainly the most effective.

Happy to see Misbah back because he’s a consummate professional. His fitness level at 42 was very impressive 3 years back. I don’t think his ODI batting approach is a factor.

Waqar is one of those unimaginative safe bets. But maybe that’s all they need right now. You just question whether he’ll be motivated or get on with talents he’s already had problems with before.

1 Like

This test is looking like a draw is on the cards, we’d need to take the last 5 wickets relatively quickly if we’re to harbour hopes if victory.

Motherfucking Malinga

Another duck for Warner. Shame.

Good comeback by England. Though one could say Australia are still in the driving seat here. Especially as Smith is still there. The guy is relentless. Last time I saw him get out cheaply, I was still unmarried. If England can get him soon after tea, they’re still in with a shout imo.

2 Likes

Sorted :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That fraud Smith could only manage 82 this time.

https://twitter.com/JoshBew95/status/1170348066110607360?s=19

Jofra :wenger2: :heart:

2 Likes

Err, lads, 0-2, that’s not cricket!

1 Like

Take that captaincy off Joe Root

Absolute brute of a ball by Cummins to dismiss Root.

If England pull off another miracle on this day 5 then I’m absolutely done with Cricket.

2 Likes

Our batting has been shambolic this series, not confident that we could reach 300 nevermind any more.

Australia’s hasn’t been too great either come to think of it but it doesn’t matter when you have Smith in…

1 Like