Cricket

Fuck I’m frustrated.

Went to bed with Pakistan 3-248 30 mins into the final session. Wake up to see Cummins and Starc have taken the last 7 wickets for 20 runs.

We have a game at stumps on day 3.

Aus 391 & 0-11

Pakistan 268.

Funnily enough although I don’t really rate Leach he has 79 wickets @31.

Nathan Lyon for example who has over 100 tests averages 32.

Looks like Pakistan will try to bat out tomorrow to save this test again.

Awful awful pitches which they need a reality check about.

Countries won’t come to play on this, and what was the point in coming home when you make UAE style dead pitches?

Anyways, really impressed with Naseem who has gotten better and better as the series has went, getting wickets on these pitches is impressive.

Well the last day is set to be very interesting. Australia’s declaration on a 350 lead with 4 sessions to go was bold and commendable.

All results possible on the final day.

Our declaration was pits, we’ll probably give Pakistan and undeserved series win trying to make a game of it. The series deserved to be 0-0 with the pitches served up.

1 Like

Jack Leach being a superstar again. We were 90-8 and have somehow passed 200.

I’m fucking stoked we won that series in Pakistan.

Whilst we are winning in Pakistan, England are needing heroic last wicket stands to get beyond 200 vs West Indies :joy:.

Can’t wait until we belt England in England next year.

1 Like

Told you bruh.

Our team was shitting it from your Pacers, made pitches to kill them.

Deserved it for your attacking tactics.

I’m still happy, was a good series imo. Good for the players to play at home, Shafiq looks a player and Naseem got some good wickets too.

1 Like

Well deserved victory from the Aussies. Good to see Cricket return to Pakistan but sad to see the subcontinent remain a graveyard for test cricket with its inability to produce exciting test match conditions. It’s always been either a rank turner that ends inside 3 days or a 5 day slog with odd periods of reverse swing. Australia’s bravery and them clearly being the better side got its just rewards in the end. Pakistan’s lack of bravery chasing the runs down certainly showed. If the pitches were of a balanced standard this would have been a whitewash.

2 Likes

I see England are about to lose the series in the West Indies. Thought it a big mistake not to take Broad and Anderson but the problems run a lot deeper than that.

Easy to see us dropping near the bottom of the world rankings. This looks like it’s going to take years to turn around but given the lack of a plan to support long form cricket from the ECB more like centuries.

Given up wanting to watch them. It’s painful watching the repeated batting collapses and mediocre bowling attacks.

Yeah getting destroyed. Need Jack Leach to come in and save us.

Hahahahaha.

I just can’t wait until the Ashes in England in 2023.

This will be 1 win in 16 or so Test matches for England, absolute dogshit.

1 in 18.

We will probably set a target of less than 20 in the morning.

The win percentage for England says 0.5 percent. More chance of winning the euro millions at 140 million to one than England winning this.

English test cricket has had low points in my life but this is the worst we’ve ever been.

1 Like

At least you held on and got that draw in Sydney @Kroenkeoutplease @Phoebica

I was obviously over pessimistic yesterday because we set them a target of 28 rather than 20.

I can’t even bear to watch this team anymore. The batting collapses are just too inevitable. Don’t even know where to start in putting this right. We just don’t have enough red ball batters or a decent test spinner and with Anderson and Broad going we are short on seamers and quicks too.

1 Like

I think seamers are about the only area you do have some options, Archer and Robinson, woakes is good in English conditions.

The batting outside of Root is a disgrace. And yeah the spinner stocks are poor, but india aside most are having trouble in that department.

1 Like

Imam Ul Haq is not a limited overs batsman

Good to have big teams coming so we can see how much work is really needed to be ready for the WC next year.

Find a motherfuckn spinner too

I didn’t see you blokes bat as I went to bed, but he made 103 off 96 ??

Shane Warne’s state funeral :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Was a wonderful send off !!

1 Like