Cricket

Top match that’s severely hampered by rain. Weekend set for big showers so not sure this’ll reach a result.

The many missed chances (run outs, drop catches) have given India a pretty healthy lead.

Very surprising to see England with so many issues in the slips but I think the wobble we get in England has a hand in that too.

Also on a personal note, got back into local club cricket this week after 3 years of not playing/training at all. Really nice to be in the nets again and as difficult as it is getting a rhythm back I’m just happy to grind it out for a year or two to improve and get consistent. Having gained about 15kg of mostly unhealthy weight during the pandemic I’ve really missed recreational sport lol.

2 Likes

Buttler what on Earth was that leave :man_facepalming:t2:

Huge blow

Root saving the day for us somewhat. Despite the shambles of our first innings this is shaping up to be a really good test match

So England a chance to take these 9 wickets ? Or the pitch not doing enough and India should make it rather comfortably ?

England need the rain mate this is going one way.

2 Likes

We were saved by the rain in the first game but another spectacular collapse after the Indian tail made batting look easy peasy earlier leaves this England team aside from Root and Anderson looking very below par.

India very strong side but back to the drawing board for English red ball cricket. We used to be virtually unassailable in English conditions not so long ago. Perhaps the Kroenkes have somehow got themselves involved with the ECB.

3 Likes

Couple of great Test matches this week, this one and Pakistan vs West Indies.

I thought India did extremely well to claw themselves out of a tight spot in the second innings but I felt they gave England too big a target to chase and themselves too few overs to get 10 wickets. So, excellent performance by the pace bowlers to get 10 wickets in less than 2 sessions on a day 5 wicket. I thought Kohli got his bowling combinations and changes right for once.

On the negatives for India, the slip catching wasn’t the best. Also the Indian middle order batsmen (Kohli, Rahane and Pujara) need runs under their belt but it’s been great to see the lower middle order and the tail contribute with the bat.

Overall, it’s great to see an Indian Test team that is making a habit of winning abroad in conditions that we have historically struggled in.

2 Likes

James Anderson, take a bow.
To still bowl exceptionally well at 39 years of age especially when you’re a fast bowler. Top player.

7 Likes

What a catastrophe day for India and an absolute dream day for England.

3 Likes

Jimmy man what a rolls Royce :raised_hands:

Also shout-out Shaheen coming of age in tests against the windies.

Also I now pray the brown Steve Smith, fawad alam never be screwed put a test spot again.

1 Like

I really hope we’ve arrived at a good test opener with Hameed after Sibley floundered. Feel like Burns is half decent.

Feeling concerned about how we may fare in Aus and hoping Stokes and Archer both fit for the squad to at least bolster us before the onslaught. Wish I was at the MCG on Boxing Day.

Did Sam Curran play today? Or has he been dropped?

Was absolutely awful when I was at Lords a couple weeks ago

Be lucky if anyone is at the MCG Boxing Day the way Australia is handling coronavirus.

@Cristo Curran played mate and took a couple of wickets.

1 Like

Oh wow that’s cool! Good for him because he really was atrocious, but the whole england team were I guess

1 Like

Overcast morning at the Oval and the Indian batsman are having a tough time of it.

All set up for a great final day at the Oval, England need 291 runs whilst India need 10 wickets.

4 Likes

It started well enough, but now we’re basically left with Root v India. Could do with a rain cloud over the Oval right about now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awesome afternoon with the ball for India. Never let up and rewarded deservedly.

1 Like

That Malan run out earlier on was pretty suicidal and pivotal.

1 Like