Could we go down?

I think we could well be in a relegation battle if we continue playing this way.

I honestly cannot see Arteta turning it around.

2 Likes

We haven’t had a decent performance since the first game of the season which was against a very weak Fulham side.

We can’t score, we make very chances, we can’t get points and the few points we haver got were unconvincing.

No side in the PL is playing worse, apart from Sheffield United and the players don’t want to play and the manager is repeating the same mistakes every game.

Can anyone give me a good reason why we can’t go down?
Because I can’t think of any.
If Arteta stays, and this continues, we will get relegated.

3 Likes

If we did and we really only need a win to dismiss this, I wouldn’t back the mindset of this side to know how to cope.
We should have to much though.

Think back to back relegation very possible if we slide. The financial collapse will hit us the same as it did with Leeds in the Ridsdale era.

1 Like

No way we go down. In a more competitive year at the bottom of the table it might happen but the bottom three this seasonare all really really terrible.

Our results are pathetic but our play is slightly better than those results. Even now in our worst moment we’re far ahead of West Brom or Fulham. Sheffield United is already basically a lock for the bottom.

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll go down but will probably be bottom half of the table . Sad state of affairs.

1 Like

Only problem with this is, over the last 40 odd years I have heard that from Leeds fans, West Hams fans, Boltons fans, even Utds fans, and many more…The “we are too good to go down scenario” is exactly that…We are in trouble, and if we persist with Cone head…we’re doomed.

1 Like

At the moment this is a real possibility as I can’t see a team we can beat at the moment. Our tactics are bad and ver predictable. The manager is a coward and afraid to try something different to stop the rot. Week in and week out we play the same under performing players I guess those are the ones training hard​:unamused:. We have zero creativity that even Messi and Ronaldo won’t be able to score. Our midfield only know to pass sideways and back, lack athleticism, intelligence and the tools to be footballers. Our attack is so blunt that they could not poke a hole in a wet paper bag. Watching endless crosses with no one in the box is insane. Playing players out of position is even dumber the only way for this team is down. I still can’t wrap my head round why we still have the players that failed wenger and emery still in the squad who the fuck is keeping them? Can’t believe the ole is better at the wheel than arteta :man_facepalming:t5:.

1 Like

There’s no probably about it.
I said we’d struggle to get a top half place, before all this nonsense so, if Arteta stays and this continues, there is no doubt we’ll be bottom half or relegated.

1 Like

This team could absolutely get relegated. Arteta should have gone last week and he should go after today’s flaccid performance.

3 Likes

Much like talk of Everton being top 4 after four games, spurs being potential champions after 10 it’s far too early after 14 games to be worrying about this.

2 Likes

Would you sanction any purchases Arteta wanted in January? Or do you think he should go but we shouldn’t worry about going down?

I’d sanction rolling Arteta up in a carpet and throwing him off a bridge. He should be sacked right now.

24 games left is 60% of the season. Lots can happen. I refuse to worry about this yet.

3 Likes

Big problem is that Arteta doesn’t look like he can cut it at this level so if we buy a bunch of players he wants the next manager coming in will be left with a squad built by past failures. Which has been one of the main driving forces in our downfall and partially why our squad is so disgusting to look at.

The time for Arteta to make moves was in summer, it all feels far too late now.

I really worry about who he really wants. Forget the Aouar rumour.
Who or what is his sort of player for this system.

Oli G on a 5 year contract on 500k per week

1 Like

Carpets are weirdly expensive or at least area rugs are. We bought a pretty wimpy one for the den and it was like $80 USD.

Couldn’t you just make a rug out of old jerseys?

No
We are too strong to go down .

1 Like

They’re collector items Shammy! You don’t knit a quilt out of old Van Gogh paintings do you?

1 Like