Could we go down?

I get the sentiment but it can go very much worse quickly. I know the results might seem like they couldn’t but you could lose complete control of the situation.
There’s a modicum of respect for the manager at the moment, there could be absolutely nothing for another novice.
The club still controls the situation right now. Hopefully ground work is being done. Throwing the job around to just anybody is not the answer. Messing around with Freddie wasn’t any good last season. It panicked us into Arteta too a degree.

2 Likes

Quite right. I think the board needs to have an honest discussion with Arteta regarding his performance and this process. If we could have only continued a good run of results until the january transfer window, I think Arteta would have cleared a few more players. Right now, I think the best option would be for the board to sit down and identify the players not needed, give Arteta couple more games to select players based on meritocracy. Keep working on potential managers and remove the players deadwood regardless of the opinion of the next manager (hardly seems like an issue as most of them are dead rubber)

1 Like

I agree.
The players have very little respect for Arteta because they know he is clueless.
Getting someone else in, who is even less qualified would be worse.

But this does mean it need to be sorted out quickly so the board really have got to get someone in before, or just after, we lose to Southampton.

No they have to get the best man in properly. They need a process and a couple of candidates but most importantly they need to look completely professional doing this. Not riding around people houses and getting a signature.

1 Like

sorry, what is P45?

A P45 is a tax form, when you leave a job your employer should issue you with one, it outlines the taxes you’ve paid for the year along with any other deductions.

In Britain it is basically shorthand for having your employment terminated, so in this context Jules is saying that the question of relegation depends on how long Arteta is employed by Arsenal as manager.

2 Likes

If you don’t have a P45, Ron, don’t fret.

Your new employer should be able to fill out a P46 on your behalf. This should categorically outline that this new job is your “main job” in order to avoid being taxed in the BR (basic rate) tax band

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Jakey.

Thanks David as well.

P45 and P46, I will keep in mind.

4 Likes

Genuinely think this could happen or at least we will be in the relegation fight.

Sad days and embarrassing. We are The Arsenal. What is going on

1 Like

No we don’t. Shhhhh.

1 Like

Yeah don’t lock the thread this time moderators.

This isn’t dramatic it’s sadly a worthy discussion, 5 points from 30 and 15th at Christmas, it’s a possibility.

It’s getting to the point we might need a new manager bounce if only to beat the drop this campaign.

Can’t believe we’re in this position, I honestly thought a club of this size and resources mid table would be worst case scenario.

1 Like

Last one still open.

Fuck sake @Calum

3 Likes

My apologies, I thought it would have been locked due to likely being Luca instigated madness with us sitting 6th.

If anything I think we need more threads on us getting relegated

1 Like

I wanna change my vote

I still don’t think we’ll go down, but I think it’s a possibility.

Didn’t think this would be search worthy subject. :joy:

Consider me surprised lol

Fair, but it was made less than a week ago :grin:

1 Like

Just hand me my L mate :disappointed:

I’m still convinced we’ll pull off a decent run of wins at some point. Likely with Arteta, too.

1 Like

I think we’ll probably avoid it this season but far from certain.

Given the extent of the problems though I think we’ll only avoid the next few years if Kroenke funds the club more and stumbles into better player recruitment and squad management than in recent years.

Certainly throwing inexperienced Arteta in hasn’t helped so we better hope he’s a quick learner.

I think I’ve been on record for years though about where we’d end up if Kroenke continued to own us and it gives me no pleasure at all for my predictions to be coming true. I hope something in him changes soon.

2 Likes