Coronavirus

It certainly looking that way, given one of the most vaccinated countries in the world currently has the highest case numbers per capita every day for the last few weeks.

2 Likes

As i said yesterday, unless you have a reference of the transmission count without vaccines, you can’t really tell whether the vaccine reduced transmission or did nothing.

It very well could have been that the case count would be 3-4 times more than what it is now without vaccination.

1 Like

You can compare countries with a high vaccination uptake with those who don’t. It wont be a perfect picture, but if the vaccine did anything substantial to halt transmission then I believe you would absolutely be able to see that effect in the data.

I’ve always seen the vaccine as more of a flu shot. It wont stop you catching it, or passing it on, but it can protect you from the worst elements of the virus.

1 Like

I thought everyone knew that is what the vaccine was meant to do?

Who ever said it was to stop you catching it?

Pfizer ceo

2 Likes

Did you not get told in Scotland that even if you aren’t at risk, you should get vaccinated to protect others ??

1 Like

It’s very difficult to say anything with regards to this virus.

My friend contracted Covid and he lives with an extended family in not so spacious house; yet no one else in his family contracted Covid.

My sister has tested positive 4 days ago and she was with my parents while she was unwell a day prior to testing herself. My parents tested negative. She has all the symptoms so the viral load must be on the higher side.

On other hand, I have heard of a whole family testing positive with hardly any symptoms to talk about.

It’s difficult to quantify the transmission because even in a normal scenario, you can’t be certain of the transmission if someone is infected. It can be highly infectious or it just breezes away.

Those countries have always fared well compared to first world countries. So it won’t be a good comparison.

UK, US, Europe(in general) always had more cases per capita compared to countries who have lower vaccine uptake.

2 Likes

You still haven’t explained Australia leading cases per capita in the last 2 weeks despite 94 % uptake.

1 Like

Yeah but they also said it doesn’t stop you catching it at the same time tbf

1 Like

I was never meant to explain it.
I always said it is impossible to know until and unless you create a wormhole to an alternate universe where you can observe the case count without vaccination

My point was more about the passing it on, not catching it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This why I love you say the right things without even knowing it🤣 higher vaccine rates has not translated to low transmission which could insinuate that the vaccine is nit doing it’s job

1 Like

Proof?

That was after people reported still catching it

I disagree, I think the vaccine is doing what it was designed to do. And it’s very effective at it.

1 Like

Read your post :rofl:

The post which says my vaccinated parents didn’t contract Covid from my vaccinated Sister, who has since recovered thanks to vaccines?

However, there is no “control” to compare this against.

Which both supports and goes against the @Trion and @Aussiegooner argument

Maybe so, but we can at least infer a lot from the data we have accrued over the last year.

Which will result in false equivalency considering the population density, culture, lockdown norms, weather etc of Australia; compared to other countries

Australia has not experience such a spike. Up until 13th Dec, they hardly went above 2000 cases per day.

What is happening in Netherlands & Australia is very very odd.