Coronavirus

They won’t need more boosters you’d hope, but the UK gov has done more bad than good.

And now they are pouring hate on the GPs who bailed them out and helped them do the one thing they did right, the vaccination campaign.

Stupid fucks.

Not to defend this moron but isn’t he following the advice of the immunisation authorities on this one? I’m not saying they are right either but if he doesn’t have their guidance to follow what else could he do. Maybe I have it wrong though?

1 Like

People who are not convinced with vaccines should watch Joe Rogan’s conversation with Sanjay Gupta to beef up their arguments.
Gupta came unprepared and really couldn’t keep up with Joe’s logic.

2 Likes

Got him to admit CNN had been lying, but he seemed genuinely puzzled why it was a bad thing for a news channel to be doing this.

2 Likes

Joe done the right thing by keep asking this guy uncomfortable questions.

The outright lying done by these networks and then being puzzled why viewership and trust in them is dwindling.

Damn. The legacy media is dead and buried within a decade for good.

1 Like

Yeah as I said here, I never understood or agreed with the rants about ivermectin CNN and NBC perpetrated

Like what was the reason in maintaining it was only a horse dewormer? When it’s a valid and prescribed anti-parasitic for humans.

Somebody with scabies should go into the CNN offices and start hugging everyone so they find out.

All blatantly lying about that will achieve, is make sure nobody every believes you on anything to do with science in the future.

Do these news people really have that much contempt for these other people that don’t listen to them?

1 Like

Joe Rogan took him to task it was a beautiful thing.

2 Likes

It’s a fair point but in the end they’re a government agency and he leads the government and they’ve gone ridiculously slowly compared with many EU countries who’ve now over taken the U.K.

My step daughter is now on day 9 since her first symptoms. Still not well. She is 13 and otherwise well. Quite shocked at how long this goes on for. Doesn’t seem to be just another cold or flu even in kids from what I can see.

Still waiting to see if me and the Mrs have caught it. We seem ok so far although I am especially bad at doing the test properly because I get such a big gag response when I go for the tonsils. Am guessing the vaccine may have allowed us to fight it off. Really wouldn’t fancy catching it now its mutated into Delta/Delta plus without vaccine protection.

Good luck to all who refuse to take their vaccine and then catch it.

3 Likes

Will the cocky British choose common sense, or the ‘we’re British so we’re better’ route?

Bring back masks.

Also stop being so stupid with the nonsense around vaccinating kids (looking at you JCVI, the politicians and CMOs did the right thing ignoring your awful position and jabbing kids - this will hopefully have an effect soon.)

Also I agree with this:

Get this prick to the Hague. Not just for this, mind.

1 Like

Hopefully not too soon with Bolsanaro’s trial as I’m going to Rio for Christmas with my family. A more cautious leader will block Corona mad British from going there.

Think Boris is having a good go at making England the corona capital of the world.

It’s going to be my first holiday since Feb 2020.

1 Like

So transparent now that we cannot trust experts on news channels. These people are paid big bucks to push an agenda at the expense of medical facts.

Quite disappointed that an Indian is a part of it. He is human after all but I expected better.

Why didn’t he say that on the podcast instead of just looking like a deer in the headlights tho?? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

My part of NZ is still under heavy restrictions. No physical businesses can open, everything is non-contact except for essential things.

We are going full vaccine-pass mode soon enough, it’s already been announced. Once we reach 90% vaccination, then the government is introducing a traffic light system which is better than the current restrictions but we also have no actual clarity on when that will be. Also the 90% target is done regionally, so some regions will open up before others.

As well as this lots of employers now starting to enforce a no jab no job approach, and soon enough people in health, schools and a couple of other services will have mandatory vaccination in order to work too.

My biggest issue is that our government spent months patting themselves on the back for closing the borders of a country that is surrounded by water and then watched as delta spread around the world and then used that as an excuse to not have any sort of plan in place.

I feel sorry for businesses and livelihoods in Auckland where many places have barely been able to open over the last year, particularly hospitality where they pay large rents and rely on traffic and government regulations meant they barely ever were allowed more than 50 people in their venue at any time.

Of course, most of our government folk work in public jobs and always have done so they don’t really understand what it’s like to have your life shut down with zero clarity going forward. Every week they extend the lockdown another week and set a decision day a week on advance only to continually extend it, week by week. It’s honestly quite ridiculous. If we are going to be locked down for 4 weeks or whatever, they should just say so rather than stringing the public along.

2 Likes

Thanks for the elaborate response mate, so it’s pretty much the same as it is here in Melbourne.

1 Like

J

Well I’m not able to work tomorrow according to the boss.

On the bright side I’ll now watch United vs Liverpool

1 Like

How does he know that?

1 Like

One of my work colleagues must have tested positive but I have no idea who lol.

It’s not from my personal life as I don’t check in anywhere.

@Trion so I worked directly with someone who got covid and now I have to have the week off. Boss isn’t happy I have to return a negative today and a negative Thursday before I can return to work.

2 Likes

Paid leave I’m assuming mate? Just nod and agree and enjoy a few days to yourself :muscle:

5 Likes