Coronavirus

Will be interesting to see how this progresses in future days and weeks but looks like we are past the peak of any wave.

And that’s despite the 19th but again has there been enough time for that to take hold?

I think there will be occasional peaks and troughs for the next year or so as the world gets vaccinated.

And superspreader events will contribute (UEFA you are actually the dumbest, scummiest cunts around and I hope any future super league breakaway is successful and finishes this husk of a sport that is the way it’s being run by them right now)

Also again:

Get vaccinated.

The worst conspiracy theory I’m hearing with the vaccines is that in 2 years, some guy will push a button and all the microchips in vaccinated people will self-destruct and we’ll all die.

Fucking unreal.

4 Likes

I’ve found the data over the last few days so fascinating. Like you say, with caution, this could be hugely encouraging!

5 Likes

Biden need to open up the US ffs

The data is very encouraging, hopefully one people under get their second dose within the next month or so it’s a real game changer.

Either way, if the vaccines work we have to live with it, if they don’t well we’re fucked but still have to put up with it

1 Like

What’s the data saying mate? I’ve not been keeping on top of it during my holibobs

1 Like

So basically over the last couple weeks we’ve been enduring this third wave with cases increasing every day. As a first positive; we have seen that link of higher cases leading to a reduced correlation of high hospitalisations and deaths which we previously saw in the first and second wave.

To add to that now, last week we saw the figure rising to over 50,000 new cases a day however in the last 5-6 days or so we’ve seen the tide naturally turn the other way where we have had consecutive days of the cases decreasing day on day to the point where today it’s been reported that there have been under 30,000 new cases in the past 24 hours.

With restrictions fully easing since last Monday that gives us some potentially good news to cling onto! Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Oh wow that is extremely promising!

That’s great news, thanks for the clear write up. That makes for very promising reading.

Feels like the UK has sorted of volunteered itself as a global Guinea pig to open up fully first while also being very highly vaccinated.

Denmark is now at 70% vaccinated population, and we’re more or less fully opened up except for night clubs (1st September) with no masks in shops etc. and we haven’t experienced a third wave or a significant spike in cases either so hopefully we can use the UK and DK as good case studies for what a more normalised future can look like.

1 Like

Not to be a dick here but only England is fully opened up :wink:

1 Like

:joy:

Apologies, those dirty Corona infected Englanders have offered themselves up

2 Likes

On the positive side your getting treated as an independent nation.

Not really lol

1 Like

Lol

I googled her because I was intrigued but not willing to spend an hour and five bloody minutes of my Sunday morning watching that video.

1 Like

I’m not saying COVID is fake or isn’t real, I obviously think it’s real and a big risk if you’re in the elderly or lots of underlying issues category. If you’re young fit and healthy then the risk is extremely minimal.

Imagine if 24 months ago someone told you you’d need to be vaccinated to attend football matches, concerts, supermarkets and cafes as that’s where we’re heading. Especially for the under 50 category which the chances of death are absolute sweet fuck all. You’d have said that’s a batshit crazy conspiracy idea.

But with fearmongering in the media and plenty of manipulation to reporting over a lengthy 18 month period you’ve got the majority of people that scared they think these vaccination ids for basic rights within your own country are fair enough…

It’s mind boggling.

3 Likes

Yeah, some random train company basically told the Scottish government to fuck off and Scottish government took that like the bitches they are.

Meanwhile the in France, you can’t enter a polling station to vote if you aren’t vaccinated :rofl:

What elections are currently ongoing in France?

The policy just got introduced, did I say about any elections???

Well you said meanwhile in France so I assumed you were referring to a live issue and I couldn’t find anything on Google so asked. :slight_smile:

Also

It’s true that the government’s vaccination passport law currently being rushed through the National Assembly does not specifically mandate proof of vaccination to vote.

But neither does it specifically exclude it.

3 Likes

I guess they’ll make them vote by post.

What a horrible rule to introduce

@Aussiegooner when Australia government embrace herd immunity strategy.

1 Like