Coronavirus

From what I understand they’ve had the vaccine for a year and thoroughly tested it before it was widely used. Drug companies don’t open themselves up to e liliy mass lawsuits when it comes to vaccines. They thoroughly test them to make sure risk is minimal.

If you’re going to have a reaction to the vaccine it will generally be within the first few day from what I’ve read. You’re not going to have a reaction to the anti-bodies of a virus in 5 years time because that isn’t how a virus works.

2 Likes

Researchers were not starting from scratch when they learned about SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

SARS-CoV-2 is a member of the coronavirus family. According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious DiseasesTrusted Source, there are hundreds of coronaviruses — including four that can cause the common cold, as well as the coronaviruses that sparked the SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, epidemic in 2002 and the emergence of MERS, or Middle East respiratory syndrome, in 2012.

Dr. Eric J. Yager, an associate professor of microbiology at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Albany, NY, told MNT that scientists have been studying coronaviruses for over 50 years. This meant scientists had existing data on the structure, genome, and life cycle of this type of virus.

Dr. Yager explained, “Research on these viruses established the importance of the viral spike (S) protein in viral attachment, fusion, and entry, and identified the S proteins as a target for the development of antibody therapies and vaccines.” He continued:

“Early efforts by scientists at Oxford University to create an adenovirus-based vaccine against MERS provided the necessary experimental experience and groundwork to develop an adenovirus vaccine for COVID-19.

So much reports written with this kind of information. But it is what it is.

2 Likes

LOL experts have said the Vaccine didn’t undergo the usual protocol ? What are you talking about.

I don’t think anyone is liable for vaccine reactions anyways, pretty sure the drug companies can’t be sued and aren’t liable.

But did they say it’s unsafe?

We are in month 5 since first vaccine was administered and there aren’t any huge alarm.

I don’t know what greater test there can be that would be better than 800m human administrations across all demographics

I understand people who didn’t take the vaccines in first few months but now we have more than enough data on its efficacy.

They didn’t say it in those words no.

They said it didn’t undergo the usual protocols before approvals or something like that and it was fast tracked due to the risk of covid being greater to the community.

I think this is the crucial bit.

No one has said it’s unsafe. No point becoming an anti vaxxer just for the hell of it

3 Likes

But did you read the post above? Where it states that coronavirusses have been researched for several years and it not just something they quickly threw on the market?

Yeah I’m not anti Vaxxer.

1 Like

Good. Can’t stand those cunts.

2 Likes

People aren’t going to be talked into taking the vaccine if they don’t want to.

I agree there’s now more than enough data to deem it safe and I think you only have to look at all the different advices issuing around age categories etc to realise this is something that’s being monitored very, very closely. No doubt in my mind if it was thought remotely unsafe it would be pulled.

The associations we have seen are potentially things that wouldn’t even show up in a standard trial if these vaccines had gone through the regular protocols. Fast tracking was clearly the right thing to do here and it’s paying off massively.

3 Likes

Source on this?

From my second-hand experience - they actually revolutionised protocol to develop this vaccine; layered parallels instead of waterfall. All accountabilities remain the same as do the biological testing.

This is some dangerous stuff - and it’s now no wonder that 30% of Australian adults have had the vaccine when offered.

I’m not sure that’s correct. I believe it’s the opposite. The reason why it was so fast was because they already had protocols in place for SARS-COV and MERS-COV, both respiratory diseases caused by coronaviruses.

And since COVID-19 is also a respiratory disease caused by a coronavirus, it meant that most of the groundwork for the vaccine had already been done. Had they had to start from scratch, then there is no way we would have gotten a vaccine this quick.

2 Likes

Although I’m probably in the camp of giving people the choice I think Ash’s sentiment has a lot to be said for it and I’d applaud any government who put in restrictions for those who are fit and able to be vaccinated but still refuse it.

Reducing transmission with vaccines reduces mutation, saves hospitalisations and lives and the devastating impact of long COVID. Health systems are already in huge backlog and strain which affects millions so why add to this problem with lots of people walking around unvaccinated for no good reason. I would certainly try and persuade my friends a relatives to take if they were refusing it for ignorance. Over a billion doses given globally and the data on reduction in disease is excellent and side effects very insignificant by comparison.

Facts are this delta variant is twice as likely to hospitalise the unvaccinated from early data on it and miles more infectious and 2 doses of vaccine gives a pretty good protection so we need to get vaccines and boosters in arms as soon as possible. Certainly keen to see my asthmatic 19 year old vaccinated asap.

It has been a no brainer in our house to get vaccinated.

I can’t wait for the day when we can sell all the seats in stadiums again and go on holiday without a big worry about this stupid virus.

3 Likes

Haha so laughable, the very fact the vaccine is not a cure but an aid, you still have 25-30% change once of still catching covid.

It’s always the same people that want punitive punishment for those who don’t think like their do (sick cuntish people) no one has an obligation to make you feel safe.

3 Likes

who ever said it was a 100 percent cure for it?

thats not how vaccines work. They reduce the symptoms of what ever the vaccine is protecting you against.

2 Likes

I got the letter through the post and for the first time I’m questioning if I want it or not, the virus doesn’t really affect my age group, and I know I’m an unlucky fucker so I haven’t immediately booked I’ll probably die from clots from the vaccine. Dunno why my mind suddenly switched.

I’ll obviously get it but yeah, a bit iffy about it all.

For those who don’t think the vaccine is important in younger age groups, my cousin has basically been dealing with the effects of long covid since September of last year. She still hasn’t regained her sense of taste and smell to its full capacity.

My friend and his girlfriend both caught covid a couple weeks ago, he lost 4kg and in the two weeks still feels extremely fatigued and has no ability to taste or smell.

So whilst you’re most likely to just get covid and it passes through you like a regular flu, there is the chance you’ll catch long covid symptoms and that’s where it can really be a bitch for younger people.

6 Likes

Yes I personally know 4 youngsters (slim and fit before getting it) been hospitalised by it and one still in a wheelchair a year on.

Also reduces risk of infecting others even if doesn’t affect you badly.

2 Likes