Coronavirus

Yeah I’m coming around to this way of thinking too.
Be interesting how many season ticket holders lose interest on waiting lists. Even if you do end up going not sure everyone will enjoy half an experience.

Good point. Probably why we wanted to be in the ESL. Less bums on seats and more global viewing through streams and broadcasting.

Well technically we are going to have completed without fans.
So it is doable, no matter what the look. There’s something what you say with the streaming. Just a bit surprised they haven’t come up with a virtual crowd innovation yet or something.

Awful. Depressing thread. Prayers for Indian bros

6 Likes

Can’t eradicate this thing when countries the size of India and Brazil are in the trouble they are in.

1 Like

Makes me wonder about China a country with a population size similar to India say they are fine

I’m not sure how to read too much into statistics at the minute, to be honest.

There was a time when India (about this time last year) was doing brilliantly (statistically) with people not contracting COVID. My immediate thought, at the time, was “how are they monitoring this?” A head count of India’s population is nigh-on impossible.

Our stats here appear to be impressive now, too. I hope this is actually a stat to reflect vaccination uptake and not a whitewashed stat to justify being vaccinated. (I’m a cynic)

Tragic

4 Likes

That’s horrific

A dumb question but as soon as oxygen runs out does everyone on it basically just die pretty quickly? Which I guess would be pretty much all covid patients?

Tragic

No not at all, dying due to lack of oxygen is slow.

Yeah it won’t take long - minutes to hours

Fortis is one of the best & richest hospital franchise over here. If they are struggling, we are all fucked.

22 COVID patients on O2 support died on Tuesday in one of the hospitals as the oxygen tank developed a leak and they could not fix it in time. All over 2/3 hours as their blood SPO2 levels dropped.

Delhi is on the verge of complete collapse with loads of hospitals now left with a few hours/ minutes of oxygen and several hundred patients hanging on for dear life. Yesterday they had to open courts at 10pm to order oxygen to be diverted to Delhi.

It’s grim AF.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, the truly idiotic, jingoistic Indian press:

“Journalists” like this deserve all the abuse they can ever get for this.

1 Like

Man that video is heartbreaking. Really puts things into perspective. People can talk frivolously about the virus all they want but when you see it do that to a country and it’s people you can’t help but feel angry about how so many nations took months to wake up to the severity of this outbreak.

5 Likes

The country and the entire political system has become a joke TBH. Modi and the home minister (internal affairs minister) are still busy campaign for a state election that is being held over 8 phases.

There is 0 accountability and no one dares question the establishment. The mainstream media is completely sold out. The fucking PM hasn’t given a press conference in over 7 years now. The judiciary too is nearly as good as dead.
Various high courts had started to pull up the center over the lack of preparedness, so today the supreme court led by a hardcore right wing chief justice decided to take over all individuals cases that were being discussed at state level.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel and there are estimates that we might lose upto 2% of national population to this.

2 Likes

Some here should be happy they only have bojo to worry about. But shit sounds awful a friend of mine is stuck out after traveling to visit family.

1 Like

One of the biggest problems in India is several generations living in the same house.