Coronavirus

Bare in mind you can get a drink in the barbers @Cristo goes too.

1 Like

You guys can drink in parks that’s illegal here aswell :joy:

Only allowed to drink in licensed premises (and on trains) but that has been temporarily banned aswell haha

That’s the thing. We do know covid damages the cardiovascual system and arteries throughout the body. Long term and people who survive the virus do have heart attacks and strokes after the fact possibly partly due to that damage.

2 Likes

Now it’s Germany’s turn to act like fools I see.

Based on something that is unproven. And even if it is, is an extremely rare, literally less than one in a million chance phenomenon depending on the profile of the person.

Meanwhile the third Covid waves ravage the country.

Nice one lads.

1 Like

It’s a shame that we haven’t received further information about this one, isn’t it, mate?

The MHRA have revealed that 7 people have died of CVST (A cerebrovascular blood clot). This is 7 out of how many? What’s the relative risk? Did the 7 individuals have pre-existing, co-morbid states?

Either way, it’s incredibly sad that seven individuals have lost their lives. Imagine trying to explain to their loved ones that a vaccine was being given to protect them yet this has happened. They may well even have survived if they contracted COVID naturally and developed antibodies. I do hope this doesn’t add fuel to the fire of anti-vaccinators but, at the same time, let’s hope everything is being done in the background to research more into the vaccine.

On a more pleasant note (I’m trying to keep positive about this whole situation as I know I haven’t been recently), care home residents are allowed 2 visitors from mid-April. I just think that’s a lovely, progressive move.

2 Likes

It’s an unfair comparison if we don’t have the numbers for Pfizer or Moderna.

HIT, more like sHIT.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Is anyone actually going to do this?

I’d imagine not and especially anyone had the vaccine. Not now anyway.

Ive been doing it for work and will probably continue. I work in close contact with a lot of people every day though.

No one will willingly do this unless they have to due to their place of work.

1 Like

I probably won’t unless I get it sent straight to my door.

1 Like

Same

I signed up to do this and it’s pretty tedious.

It’s worth doing, but I cba tbh.

It’s not as bad as the full PCR swab but it’s still unpleasant and doing it twice a week is tedious.

1 Like

Over 50k when I was at the MCG for our Easter Monday game yesterday, must be one of the biggest crowds worldwide since March 2020.

1 Like

Fucking hell guys. The EU were right all along.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/official-eu-agency-to-confirm-astrazeneca-blood-clot-link-european-medicines-agency-astrazeneca-official-rome-amsterdam-b1827379.html

A top official at the European Medicines Agency said in an interview published Tuesday there is a causal link between AstraZeneca s coronavirus vaccine and rare blood clots, but that it’s still unclear what the connection is and the benefits of taking the vaccine outweigh the risks of getting COVID-19.

Looks ok to me? I’d still rather trust what they are saying in the UK over the EU

The UK MHRA are apparently going to ban the AZ vaccine for people under-30 now as well.

To be honest it makes more sense to be a bit more cautious with the under 30s considering the small risk from the virus itself (and I’m not just saying that as an under 30 :grin:)

This is my last full year as an under 30 :disappointed: