Coronavirus

And you just know when they open up inwards travel they will be slow as fuck to close it down again.

Irish Government are STILL pissing about over this.

1 Like

Are you in lockdown for another 9 weeks? @shamrockgooner

They are announcing some shit tomorrow. Been leaking like crazy the last few days so heavy restrictions into May look likely. Our government is a three party coalition and completely dysfunctional.

1 Like

We were in hardcore lockdown for about 3-4 months; nightclubs etc opened and it really wasn’t that big of a bang.

People are (rightfully and thankfully) very cautious.

Hang in there!

Where are you out of interest? Not many here will be cautious, certainly not enough to allay any risk of it spiking up again

His hair is so triggering. Use a brush you hobo cunt.

Britain isn’t hosting The European Championships.

It is possible that a few nations might then drop out but it is still unlikely that the tournament will end up in one country.

There have been noises about Great Britain bidding to host the entire competition but the notion is thought to be very unlikely.

Who’s saying that? Some UEFA prick?

Ornstein in his athletic column

1 Like

Good. Don’t see how you plan for it with fans anyway till we see how countries vaccinations work out.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be better to just have the whole thing held in one city? Obviously you’d be limited in where it could be held as you’d need the stadia, training grounds etc but surely makes sense to limit the risk? London and Madrid obviously spring to mind

Assuming this goes ahead with no fans of course

Madrid don’t have anywhere near enough stadiums, do they?

Quite a few teams play there if I’m not mistaken and Real have two stadiums themselves

Problem for me comes with fans attending from all over Europe.
Don’t want it personally. 10, 000 fans in May domestically to 80, 000 at Wembley and other grounds with fans from everywhere. Swerve it for me.

1 Like

Domestic games with test events that involve fan attendance you could just about understand, but under no circumstances should any international tournaments this summer allow fans to travel overseas

1 Like

Think Madrid has about 4 stadiums.

Real Madrid, Atletico, Vayecano and Getafe are all Madrid based.

Not a lot compared to London though. Think of all the group games that need to be played!

I don’t see them just doing it in one city anyway. One country maybe, but not one city.

Besides, I think there is hope that fans will be allowed. The Sun (I know!) are reporting that England v Czech Republic could have 90,000! That obviously won’t be the case, but I think they’re still hopeful that some fans will be allowed.

Could just have them spread out over a day like they currently do with the prem.

:arteta:

Melbourne, Australia.