Coronavirus

As might be imagined, the entertainment game has pretty well dried up. We’ve only done 15 gigs all year - outdoor summer ones when the weather was good. Our niche is assisted living facilities, retirement residences, all the high risk sectors. So we’ve turned to Zoom gigs. Not as many as normal, but it’s keeping us in ‘match fitness’, so to speak.

2 Likes

:joy: same here. I value and appreciate a pint so much more now

Not had one since September here. Wonder if I will match the first round of pub closures which was 4 months March - July

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a plastic pint with a lid on it, looks really odd to me lol

Enjoy though mate, I’m jels. Especially as I’m cutting down on consumption by not drinking on week nights (save Fridays or possibly matchdays)

2 Likes

Right I’ll take that as a yes then, people are that desperate :smile:

6 Likes

I’m waiting it out. Not gonna have my first pint in months be from a plastic tub.

1 Like

Did you not even manage one in the relatively normalish summer?

The pubs never reopened in Dublin unless you were also getting food so wasn’t bothered.

1 Like

Ah fair enough. Didn’t realise that. :slightly_smiling_face:

So I’ll have three pints of cider and three carvery dinners please

3 Likes

It was minus 3 in parts of the UK last Christmas Day, so thanks for the advice but I’m gonna pass on that one

3 Likes

Hah

3 Likes

looooolllllllll

We’re going to get our boosters and vaccines then we’re going back to the newly reopened nightclubs and on holiday to Zante and if anyone thinks different they’re very naive

2 Likes

If it all goes well this is great to actually see written down. Even if we still need to wear masks I don’t care. I’m used to them now

3 Likes

I’m starting to question masks now. I’m sick of the hassle of wearing them and taking them on and off all the time as well as fucking with my glasses.

Numbers are climbing everywhere even though everyone wears masks, so clearly they aren’t the answer.

I reckon spritzing your hands and keeping distance are the only two really effective measures.

6 Likes

Not on here, but I got absolutely burned when making this argument before and even then I’ve always been an advocate of usinf them.

And yeah, glasses and masks aren’t a great conversation. :joy:

When you’re in the supermarket looking for bread in the dairy aisle.

1 Like

Yeah I was cool with masks months ago but I don’t think they’re helping combat the spread anyway, especially as people don’t use them as efficiently as possible (using a new, clean one each time etc.)

Perhaps numbers would be climbing at a much higher rate if people weren’t wearing masks?

1 Like

Pretty sure they’re climbing at their highest rate yet since the start of the pandemic with the highest rate of adoption of masks.

Wearing a mask from the door of the pub to the table is farcical when you and all of your mates are going to be sat spitting in each other’s faces for the next 3 hours.

2 Likes

So we agree the problem here is the part where the masks are off and you’re spitting in each others face? The bit where people aren’t wearing masks?

I thought we were talking about in supermarkets, or on public transport etc, not about pubs which aren’t even open at the moment.