Coronavirus

Not getting too excited yet lol

Are you all getting your haircut tomorrow?

15 days till mine! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Havenā€™t booked a haircut. But when can brow bars reopen? :laughing: Iā€™m not fussed about having my nails done or my hair cut, but I like my eyebrows to be tidy. I usually have them threaded every 3 to 4 weeks. Plucking sucks!

Monobrow alert

whats threading?

They twist a piece of thread/cotton and use that to trim or remove hair. Itā€™s hard to explain unless youā€™ve had it done.

1 Like

iā€™m intrigued, because I cba plucking my brows either, such a literal pain smh

Pubs opening at 6am tomorrow :joy:

itā€™s actually a proper skill, it looks very impressive

I think you might be disappointed if you think threading will be painless, from what Iā€™ve heard anyway.

1 Like

Isnā€™t threading used for erroneous hairs you get on your cheekbone?

Does it take longer for such hair to grow back if you thread it, as opposed to shaving it?

They have to stick the thread in their mouth and be really close to your face to do threading.

Canā€™t use a mask / visor for that kind of beauty treatment - even if it was allowed, Iā€™d stay the fuck away from having that done.

At least a haircut can be done wearing a visor / mask - they do get right up in your grid but there is a barrier.

1 Like

At my work place we are doing some test to help theatres and concerts to reopen

1 Like

My wifey does threading and doesnā€™t need to use her gob :rofl:

They donā€™t HAVE to do this. And not all places do. They do it because it is a time saver, and that part of the thread never touches the person. But they could wear masks. I used to go to a place in Soho Years ago and the ladies there wore these necklace things and tied the ends of the string to that.

Thereā€™s no date for the beauty industry opening anyway so I canā€™t have it done even if I wanted to.

1 Like

She must be trolling or just bad at all languages including Swedish and English, and also maths.

The interview is over two months old, he is being asked what other mechanisms are flattening the curve aside from the lockdown and he says that for one the vulnerable people die off early in general and itā€™s true when the population is not susceptible but a small portion is. Heā€™s not saying we ā€˜shouldā€™ kill them off he is saying itā€™s often what happens lol

2 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Just had to stop at Cobham Service Station to use the gents and I tell you what, itā€™s a strange feeling seeing every guy washing their hands after taking a slash.

:arteta:

10 Likes

did they all sing happy birthday?