Christopher Nkunku

I think he has mostly/only been used as right- or left back/outside midfielder in 3-4-3 by Emery. If Monreal was healthy and Lichtsteiner wasn’t so shit I reckon his amount of minutes would have looked quite differently, no?

1 Like

Don’t know much about him, but let’s do it :smiley:

Basically Orstein giving the nod that he has no fucking clue how this is all currently operating. :grin:

1 Like

Bet ya this guy never saw him but talks big to look like a ‘gem spotter’. He shines he wins, he flops and he’ll say that he couldn’t adjust. Love how he plays it safe in the end.

Btw, I would think this is the very first Emery transfer? Seems like the club will back him. Already getting Sven out the way and even considering Monchi for technical director. Will start judging him on his eye for talent outside the club. Hope he wins me over.

1 Like

This guy looks cool as fack. Rapid, technical and arrogant, just how we like em.

Arsenal fans are kinda spoiled (deservingly tbh, given how much coin they provide the club with) with our activity the past 5-6 years where we opted for more established stars, instead of taking a chance on promising players at young age.
Personally, I don’t mind these kind of transfers. We’ve made a tradition buying undervalued players and turning them to gems. Granted, this is a new era, we don’t know what’s the Arsenal effect under Emery. Still, can’t see what’s the harm getting this guy, under reasonable fees.

Never seen the kid but why not? Can’t be worse than what we have especially on RW at the moment

Thomas Tuchel has okayed the departure of Christopher Nkunku to Arsenal, a loan deal with a €20m option to buy is possible, but only likely if PSG sign two midfielders this window (Paredes & Gueye/Sanches/Allan), per L’Équipe.

— Get French Football News (@GFFN) 24 januari 2019

Feel like €20 million is a bit too much for a player who is sidetracked.

They want to sign 2 midfielders lol. Did they lose someone to a long-term injury?

1 Like

Ideally they need more than one since Maquinhos has been covering in midfield.

Their midfield is pretty lacklustre especially considering their ambition which is why the de Jong snub has to sting, Barca got them back for signing Neymar with that one.

1 Like

Verratti is injured again, Rabiot is leaving so there’s definitely a hole in the midfield that needs filling. It’s probably long been one of their weak points actually

Ozil could flourish there, get 70m for him and try and get james and use the other cash for whatever we need.

I think you’re absolutely dreaming if you think we could get £70m for Ozil. There isn’t a club in Europe that would pay £70m for a 30 year old on £350k a week and especially not a club that already has a reasonably well stacked attacking lineup.

3 Likes

psg cash rich he is under contract and he could walk that league almost by himself if he put the effort in. I am sure they could see value in having him.

I don’t know why anyone would kid themselves into bandying around those kind of sums in relation to Ozil. In addition to what SRCJJ has said, they didn’t seem overly interested when they could have had him for free.

2 Likes

So Paredes is an PSG-player…

How had he done for Zenith?

Can’t see us signing Suárez and Nkunku?

1 Like

Too bad… I guess we go back to the drawing board and open up more options in the summer.

1 Like